Have your relatives/friends accepted the situation?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question Have your relatives/friends accepted the situation?

How are they with accepting the situation. How do they handle the disability.

This is a really tough one for one because my parents have never accepted our kids - their adoptions or their special needs. Its been the toughest of all that we've had to deal with.

How about you?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This is the bad side for us too. Both sides of our families think there is nothing wrong short of Zachary being a slowtalker.
    It's very upsetting. I'm at a point where I don't even bother trying to explain it all anymore.
    If I hear one more time about all the cousins and relatives that didn't talk either til age 5 or whenever, I will scream, I tell ya.

Yeah that's it...I have made this whole thing up. Yes, indeed.
    I can't let it bother me though.

Sara

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sara, this is the one area too where I try real hard not to let it bother me. Sometimes I'm successful, other times I'm not.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

well my mother accepts it as well Roman can do no wrong and his little sister can do no right. My exhusband still has yet to learn that my son isn't a total mental case. He swears that he is just plain stupid so he doesn't get to see him. My exmother in law is the same the only ones who seem to except it besides me is my father and my ex fil. they are fine with it and know he is diffrent and he will do the best he can.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am still trying to get my husbands family to accept we have triplets (who will be 4 soon) and our life is different because of that never mind the issues we have...

I get the well if you reduced and didn't have so many kids at one maybe there wouldn't be any issues...

Eileen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

our situation is a bit different. With my DD, it's more physical, then nuerological. But because she doesn't look "different" people feel as though there is nothing wrong with her. My MIL's take on it is this: she had an operation, she is ok now, forget about it. Nope, doesn't work that way. I even caught MIL giving Amanda food that she knows she is not allowed to have! The next day, Amanda was in the ER, screaming in pain, with an impactation. I called MIL right then and there, and demanded that she come down and see what she did. She refused

I try not to let it get to me. MIL swares that I am just overprotective, that there are no problems w/Amanda. Unfortunately, there are. Unfortunatey, she can become very sick if preventive measures aren't taken, and unfortunately, my MIL is not allowed to watch my child without us being there, because we cannot trust her

FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob Jerseygirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am blessed. Dh's family is ok with his son, my mom was a teacher who did all of her student teaching with special needs boys, my cousin is mod. mr and his mother is head of child study and a former special ed teacher. A typical dinner party at my house is 60% people who work with handicapped adults, although I regularly feel surrounded!