High Functioning Autism?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default High Functioning Autism?

I was just wondering if any one here is raising a child with high functioning autism or Asperger's.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are, he's 13--14 next month. You want to talk about it more specifically?

~~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have one, one of our triplets has asperger's, he is 8 years old.

Eileen

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a 24 yr old who still lives at home, and has Asperger's - let me know if I can be of any help!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow, I used to think we were unusual since no one around us has every heard of it.

Our daughter is almost 17 and has been diagnosed with Asperger's and severe depression. She is in public school and was only diagnosed 3.5 years ago.

Our almost 5 year old son will be evaluated next Friday and the ped doc felt this would also be his diagnosis.

I've just been thinking alot about the future and what it holds for all of us as a family.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a brother (who is an adult) and I think he has Aspergers. He's never been diagnosed with it. I hope that you have alot of support and are in a place where you can get good help for your child. I wish you the best.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our next door teenage neighbor is autistic. He is a high school student. Super nice boy and I enjoy talking to him.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DD6 is not diagnosed, but is showing characteristics - I am trying to alter diet which we know affects behaviour before she is labeled. When I spoke to the teacher before Christmas, I had a wait and see attitude even though the teacher wanted me to see the learning resource teacher for behavior mod techniques. Many of the things the school thought were problems are behaviours that my hubby has so I would be trying to change my hubby and my child behaviourally so it is just as easy for me to try altering the diet (probably easier as I like to cook). I am hoping it helps because it would be nice to have eye contact with hubby 8-)!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, I have a LD son with Fetal Alch. Syndrome. It is truly FAS, birth mother was an alcoholic no dobut about it. But his FAS also puts him on the Austism Spectrum (high functioning). I am currently in the process of trying to get him more services at school via his IEP......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a 16 year old son with asperger's. He was diagnosed about 4 yeasr ago. At first the thought it was ADHD.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

After an almost 2 year battle with various doctors, my son was diagnosed as autistic this past week. We have known it in our hearts for a long time, his regular doctor thought so a long time ago

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My 11 yrs old DS is an Aspie. PM if you need to talk!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My oldest DS was diagnosed at 2yr 8mo in 2001 with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) amongst other conditions. If you need to talk, send me a message.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My DD is 16 with a Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD -NOS). She's on the Autistic spectrum but high-functioning. We've been through everything with doctors, medications and hospitalizations, too.

Send me a private message if you want.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Unhappy I need to know what you think???

Thank you for posting this thread..... I think both of my boys are Autistic one with aspergers and the other High functioning. Can any one give me info on what to look for.....here is some info....

The one I think has Aspergers is 4 almost 5 and VERY VERY active, aggressive, has a very loud voice, In preschool doesn't have any friends because he can't play with them without hurting them or just won't play at all with anybody but himself.
    He will do bad things, we will put him on time out try to explain what he did wrong was unacceptable. but then he will turn around and do it again 2 seconds later.Almost like he can't control it..You try to look him in the eye when your talking to him and he won't make eye contact with you for more than a second...
    Very emotional, will cry at the drop of a hat. Other wise he can talk fine, potty trained, and can follow instructions.... oh they are working with him at school for fine motor skills too..

The other son is 3 and he doesn't talk much, only knows a few sentences otherwise talks in jargon, but he can repeat anything you say or anything he hears on television.....he doesn't understand alot of what we are saying, if you tell him to go get the car by the tv he will walk the other way like he didn't even hear you. he does give a little eye contact more than his brother but not much....Loves everybody, has no concept of strangers will walk up to anybody and give them a hug.. and no boundries either at the end of the front yard by the road you tell him to stop and he doesn't.

If any one could give me some info I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast