YAY!!! It's HERE!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default YAY!!! It's HERE!

Dh brought home the travel trailer today! WOOHOO!

I've been BUSY. I've washed all the cabinets, inside and out. We had to deal with a mouse nest!! EWW. I'm going to set traps tonight just in case. But I think it's vacated as there was no moisture in all the droppings. (yes gloves and bleach were used. Did it safe.)

So that's done. I need to figure out what size bed we have, and I think it's a double, so I need to pick up a mattress cover and a sheet. Cheap. Then we're set! I've already started stocking it. I'll be adding clothes this evening. Getting the beddign out. And in the morning we head out for the first trip. It's going to be alot of work. We have to move the other trailer and retro fit the deck. Transfer all our stuff into the new trailer. I'll likely spend most of the day tomorrow fussing with where to put everything!

Dh is outside right now customizing. The bunk beds were singles, dh is converting them to doubles. I'll need to get 1 mattress made. We have one at the campsite that we can reshape and fit to the other.

I'm very excited! As against it as I was...not so much a new trailer, but spending the money, (especially 11K!!!) I"m really excited to go!!! It'll be nice to have beds for everyone. A nice fridge, lots and LOTS of storage. Going from 18 feet to 26 seems like so little, but it makes SOOOO much difference. Plus the water tank isn't in the trailer, its under, so that makes a huge difference in the space available to you.

Anyway, I'll be taking lotsa pics this weekend. I'm sooo looking forward to getting out!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It all sounds so exciting! I envy you the camping trip! I love camping...used to go with a friends family as a kid, but my parents and my hubby weren't/aren't really campers. ENJOY!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm excited for you too! We go camping a few times every summer, always with tents. But this year we acquired a very small, old, trailer! It's so fun and makes things so much simpler! Have a great time!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How great for you all, have fun!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think getting it all setup and ready is half the fun of getting something new like that . Enjoy the work....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, we're back! It was a very busy weekend. Friday night I began stocking the trailer. Dh took out the single bunks in the back, and constructed double bunks instead. This turned our fabulous. We still need a full size mattress cut for the top, but MIL and FIL have an almost new foam matress in their spare room. Than no one ever stays in. So we'll be cutting that to size for the top bunk.

We cut back the roof on the existing deck at the site and retro fitted to the new trailer. I emptied to old trailer and started re-organziing. I'm soooo tired from all the work. Now it's time to clean the old trailer, take pictures and post it for sale as well. Then we'll be putzing around the campsite for the weekends and relaxing. A couple weeknds of work and we'll be all about relaxation out there!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How exciting I cant wait to see pics

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds like you could use a nice bubble bath! Whew! What a weekend! But, having gone Rv'ing for lots of weekends, I know it's all worth it.

You got a heck of a deal on that trailor! Wow! No wonder you were so excited. I've priced them......... and they were lots more than that~!

I hope you all have lots of fun "making" your new home away from home.

Congratulations! You're so lucky!!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am really excited for you also. Can't wait to see pics. We just LOVE getting away from the house and all that crap for the weekends....isn't spring/summer/fall sooooo much fun!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am soooo jealous! I love camping and wish we had our trailor back.

Have lots and lots of fun for me!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It sound`s like you had a great time.
    when I was youg dad had a truck with a good size camper with every thing in it. we went on trip`s in the summer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've always wanted to get an RV and travel the country, even thought about doing it out of a backpack. Never really got around to doing much camping, though.