Camping/RV check list
    Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Camping/RV check list

I've decided that I need to make an RV check list so I don't forget to pack/bring something with us as we don't have double of everything to keep it stocked.

Do you have a checklist?

Can you share it?

How did you make it?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't have a specific checklist but what I try to do when I'm packing for any trip is to go through my day from start to finish...

I.E. I get in the shower, wash my hair
    (add shampoo, conditioner, razor, soap, towels to the list)
    Style my hair (hair products, blow dryer)
    Brush my teeth (toothbrushes and toothpaste, dental floss)
    Get dressed (clothing and shoes - don't forget the pj's you took off before getting in the shower)

Then I'd move to breakfast and do the same thing....
    breakfast foods, dishes, etc.

I'd also think about what my trip away will look like. Will we be sitting around the campfire? Hmmm, might need jackets, will we be swimming? (bathing suits and extra towels). Will we be hiking in the woods (bug spray!!)

I'd keep like things from my list on different pages... a page for food, a page for dishes, etc., a page for bathroom supplies....

Also, at the beginning of camping season I try to leave toothbrushes, paste, shampoo, tea, coffee, etc. in the trailer. It really cuts down on packing stuff.

Hope I've helped a bit

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I, in fact, do have a rather comprehensive one. It came about when we brought our first pop up home and I promptly sprained both ankles. I was so excited about the new rig and couldn't do anything but sit around, so instead I ended up making the list so when I could walk again, I'd be ready to just gather everything up. I broke it down by areas to make it easier to organize. Naturally, it will vary somewhat based on what type of RV you have or if you tent camp.

Last year, I started keeping a pantry basket for staple foods. I bought a huge bag of square Tupperware containers at Goodwill for $3 and then bought a basket to hold them all, after carefully measuring to make sure the basket would fit into a specific cabinet in the pop up and another cabinet in the motorhome. I made space for that basket in the house pantry, too. The basket is put into the appropriate RV before every trip and brought into the house after each trip, so foods can be used in a timely manner and then restocked for the next trip. I made a pull-out tray in the pop up for the basket, and need to make another one for the moho. The tray turns the basket into a drawer, much more convenient than just setting it in the cabinet. I have a master list that stays in the basket all the time, so things don't get forgotten. It all sounds really involved but it's not.

My checklist follows. It looks like a lot but most of it is little things like matches. It's also changed over the years. I don't have a checklist for our moho but it would be similar, I think. Naturally, your needs will be a little different than ours, because everyone's list varies based on their needs and preferences. But this list will get you started. Dump it into your word processor, delete what you don't need, add what you do need, print it out, and Bob's your uncle.

Checklist for Sally
    (leave in camper)

Food Staples:
    Hot chocolate
    Coffee/tea
    Sugar
    Soy sauce
    Salt/pepper
    Garlic salt
    Garlic powder
    Onion powder
    Seasoned salt
    Chili powder
    Red pepper flakes
    Italian seasoning
    St. Louis seasoning
    Cajun seasoning
    Cinnamon/sugar
    Popcorn
    Popcorn salt
    Powdered milk
    Cornstarch
    Creamed soup mix
    Canned juice
    Cooking spray

Galley Supplies:
    Fire extinguisher
    Lighter/matches
    Dish rack
    Dish soap
    Dish towel
    Dish cloth
    Hand towel
    Scrubber
    Pot holders
    Rags
    Paper towels
    Napkins
    Coffee pot
    Electric coffee pot
    Coffee urn
    Toaster
    Aluminum Dutch oven
    Dutch oven lid lifter
    Frying pan
    Muffin cups
    Mixing bowl
    Saucepan/cover
    Small pot for grill
    Cake pan
    Spice boxes
    Plates
    Glasses
    Cups
    Can coolers (2)
    Bowls
    Paper plates
    Plate holders
    Can opener
    Flatware
    Paring knives
    Steak knives
    Meat fork
    Serving spoons
    Rubber scraper
    Spatula
    Strainer
    Ladle
    Tongs
    Pizza cutter
    Pie irons
    Measuring cup
    Measuring spoons
    Cake pan
    Wienie forks
    Broom
    Assorted plastic bags
    Doggie bags
    Aluminum foil
    Large trash bags
    Cutting board/sink cover
    Table cloth/clips
    Scissors
    Plastic rinse tubs
    Heavy duty foil

Bath Supplies:
    Bath towels
    Washcloths
    Soap in soapbox
    Toilet paper
    Shampoo
    Conditioner
    Mouthwash
    Toothpaste
    Hand lotion
    Bug spray
    Sunscreen
    First aid kit
    Kleenex
    Toilet chemical

Games:
    Scrabble
    Double deck of cards
    Single deck of cards
    Hoyle book
    Skip Bo
    Uno
    Cribbage board
    Yahtzee
    Dominoes

Bunks:
    Sheets
    Light blankets
    Comforters
    Pillows
    Pillow cases
    Mattress Pads
    Sleeping Bags

Tools:
    Heavy plastic
    Crank
    Hammer
    Lynx levelers
    Wheel chocks
    Fresh water hose
    Gray water hose
    Gray water tanks
    Short level
    Rope
    Duct tape
    Ax
    Garden trowel
    Orange extension cord
    Plastic clamps
    Cable ties
    Tarps
    Assorted bungees
    Fresh water funnel

Miscellaneous:
    Flashlights
    Extra batteries
    Tap lights
    Pens/pencils
    Paper/notebook
    Camping journal
    Stationery
    Tacky lights
    Extension cords for tacky lights
    Grill/propane
    Tarp
    Fire starters
    Charcoal
    Charcoal chimney
    Quik Shade/walls
    AAR
    Carpets
    5x7 awning mat
    Heater fan
    Small folding tables, 2
    Large folding table
    Chairs
    Umbrellas
    Bunkend covers
    Fire poker
    Clothespins
    Sewing kit
    Sandals
    Sweatshirts
    Sun visors/caps
    Slippers
    Rain ponchos
    Sweatshirts
    Flyswatter
    Hangers
    Whisk broom/dust pan

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I keep extra large totes with all the stuff we use in the Travel Trailer. One ios for the sheets and blankets and towels and wash cloths. I wash them ( air dry the blankets) and then put them back in the tote and put it back in the TT. Same for the staples like paper towels, tp, matches, etc. They stay in a tote and then when we set up, I'll put them in the cabinet in the TT and use the tote for storing something else like our small gas grill ( table top model).Out of site, out of mind you know ( people have taking ways). I have a 3rd tote that I throw most of the canned and dry food into. Then again, when we get where we're going, I put that stuff in the cabinets and we use that tote in the back of the truck for when we go shopping and buy things. Of course we have a couple of coolers for the cold stuff. Once we get set up and the fridge gets cold then I can transfer it to that. And then we keep our beer and ice and such in the coolers so they don't take up all that space in the fridge.
    I've made up " bathroom" bags for both of us. They're just bags with a drawstring at the top and I put tp, and a can of disinfecting wipes in each one. We took the toilet and shower out of our small TT to make a large clothes and supply closet, so we use the campground's bathrooms and we wipe the seats first before we use them. ( I'd rather sit in bleach than you know what! ICK)

As for other stuff. Pack what ya all eat. And don't for get the snacks. Lighting,entertainment,seating,clothes,food,drinks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We keep everything in our 5th wheel except the fresh foods. So we are almost ready to go at any time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This year we're going from a 6'truck camper to a RV. So, I've learned to do with the bare essentials. So--now I wonder since I have more space, will I add more? I've never made a list for the camper. I've made a list for house-bring arm up on ice maker, stop chime clock, stop dehumidifier, stop mail, stop newspaper,etc. For my camping, about a week ahead of time I put a clothes basket on my kitchen table, when I think of something I put it in, when the basket is full, I take it out & put it away. I have the theory~~there's a Walmart somewhere if I forget anything (except in So Dakota, there's only 4 in the state). S'mores--yummmm

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I found some online too. Thanks for the ideas! I guess I'm going to have to fiddle w/ it after a few trips and get it down for us.

I'll share the online ones:
    RV Campground Departure Checklist
    RV Checklist of Things to Bring on Your RV Trip
    RV Campsite Arrival Checklist, for Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We love camping!! I'm very excited since we are going next week for Spring break....to the beach!

So for me it is just so much easier to have everything we would need (besides food) in the trailer and it stays there. I have.........this is for dh, dd , ds and I........
    towels
    bedding
    undies
    socks
    some clothes (although everyone brings what they want)
    warm jackets
    rain gear/umbrellas
    extra shoes.....including flip flops for the showers (although we have our own shower now but sometimes we use the public showers)
    laundry detergent, bleach and lysol
    all H&B stuff
    hair dryer, combs, brushes
    laundry baskets
    drying rack (fold down kind that I can set up for towels and such)
    kitchen is fully stocked with everything I could need
    spices
    non perishable stuff
    tools
    hand vac/broom (4 people can make a mess very quickly no matter what the size of the RV!)
    playing cards
    games

I know there is more but all this stuff is in the trailer already and all the bedding and clothing is clean, when we get home from a trip I do that laundry immediately and it all goes back into the RV before we take it to storage.

The only things I really have to pack before we go is food/drinks, whatever extra clothes everyone wants and then we all pack our own goodie bag......laptops, books, games.....whatever.

I did this slowly over time, it can get expensive if you try to stock out a trailer all at one time. I did go through the house to see what I wasn't really using and would really miss and most of it ended up in the trailer!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had a camping list on our old computer but when it crashed I lost it. I made it when we bought our first camper and added to it as needed. I need to get it started again before we head out for the first time. It also pays to camp close to home the first time or two and take a notebook with you so you can write down all the things you think of while you are camping!

I try to think of the camper as home. What do I use at home and what do I need/want to be comfortable? I also make a menu ahead of time and I list everything I need to make that meal beside each item. Right down to the salt, etc.

Then I move to the outside and list all the things we need there. Clothesline, pins, bug candles, chairs, canopy, newspapers, firestarters and wood for the fire, tablecloth and holders, extension cords, coolers, etc. I try to picture the camp set up and what I want/need.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have plastic bins of camping equipment/supplies that STAY in those bins. The bins are gone through before the first camping trip of the season to make sure everything is there and in working order.

Then I have a very comprehensive list of items that need to be packed. It has evolved over time. A menu and grocery list are made before each trip.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Your Adventure : Camper's Checklist

This is the one I use.