Where are you going this camping season?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Where are you going this camping season?

Do you have any plans?

We are going to the Grand Canyon in April. We were going to go to Yellowstone this summer but now dh's leave schedule may not let that happen.

If that doesn't happen I'd like to go to at least 2 of the national parks here in California.

Registered User monkeywrangler71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We are talking about camping again, we haven't gone since 2005. We used to camp all the time but the last trip was not much fun. Now that we live so far away we spend all our vacation time going home, we really want to try to fit something in this summer but don't know how or if we will. We're thinking of maybe driving through the States on the way home and taking a few extra days - maybe Acadia NP? I don't really know of anything else in the area.

You are so lucky to live near so many extraordinary parks. The American National Park system is wonderful, I hope everyone appreciates what incredible value you get for such low fees. We just got back from Death Valley, which was awesome, but I guess you wouldn't be going there in the summer I'd love to go to Yellowstone or back to the Grand Canyon. It must be so nice to be close enough to just drive to all these interesting places, we have to drive for days in order to see anything except trees.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We will go back to the same place as last year. We don't have an RV or trailer (no place to park it at our condo complex) so we rented a cabin at Minuteman Campground. Small, no kitchen, only a double bed, bunk bed in the cabin and swing bench on the porch - but that was the point... for us to get away from it all. Walk to the showers and bathrooms, a fire, oh, and air conditioning

A girl can only rough it so much

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_V View Post
    We will go back to the same place as last year. We don't have an RV or trailer (no place to park it at our condo complex) so we rented a cabin at Minuteman Campground. Small, no kitchen, only a double bed, bunk bed in the cabin and swing bench on the porch - but that was the point... for us to get away from it all. Walk to the showers and bathrooms, a fire, oh, and air conditioning

A girl can only rough it so much

Lady V- where is MM campground? I won't be stalking you...lol I've never heard of it. I am assuming it's in MA.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We don't have a camper trailer..yet..so we tent camp. We like to go to Sam A. Baker park in MO. It's only about 2 hours away, but the water is so clear and it is very family friendly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I googled it. OMG that is sooooo cute! I never knew it was there. What is your opinions on it? I live about 7 miles away from it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We will probably just go to the local state park where I work. We get to camp for free but I have to tell you, it's just not the same when you camp where you work LOL. Everyone knows you work there and they are forever banging on the camper door after hours wanting you to open the office and sell them ice or let them use the phone.

We have had a camper since 2002 but we are so NOT meant to have one. Every time we try to take it anywhere but our local state park, something happens. The first one we had we started out to my cousin's(I have IBS and hadn't been able to travel for years so the camper with a bathroom was a blessing). We made it to town, 10 miles from home when a teenager pulled out of a side street and drove straight into the side of our camper! It was at the dealership being repaired ALL summer!

Last year we tried to take it somewhere and had a flat tire! We had to change it, then turn around and come home because we now didn't have a spare! We ended up taking the tent and going camping overnight!

I'd really love to rent a cabin at another park in April and go away for a couple of days. Starting May 1 I work every single weekend until the end of October!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We belong to a private lake, we go there every year. The Grand Canyon and Yellowstone sound like alot of fun!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are learning to camp this summer, so we'll be sticking close to home and camping on the beach. Our neighbors are giving us a pop up trailer, FREE! I'm so excited.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

http://nysparks.state.ny.us/parks/info.asp?parkID=91

Allegany State Park is an awesome place to camp. If you are interested in NY, I would recommend it. My fam used to go there all the time when I was young. They have places for campers, tents, and they have cabins.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LynnLC View Post
    Lady V- where is MM campground? I won't be stalking you...lol I've never heard of it. I am assuming it's in MA.
    http://minutemancampground.com/

Yup, it's in Littleton, MA. Far enough away to feel like we're "gone" without spending a ton on gas.

They have rv spots, tent spots, one 2 room cabin and a few one room ones.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnLC View Post
    I googled it. OMG that is sooooo cute! I never knew it was there. What is your opinions on it? I live about 7 miles away from it.
    A lot of people don't know it's there. There is a playground, pool, store that sells wood, ice and food (at normal prices), and a very VERY small arcade area that has a free ping pong table (you have to buy the balls for .50. We just kept ours when we left).

You feel as if you are in the middle of nowhere while you are in the campground, but there is a gas station just outside the gates as well as a Dunkin Donuts.

We like it. We walked around the whole place and it was very friendly. Loud parties are not allowed. No where is 'far' from the bathrooms/showers. There is a laundry room there as well.

I think we paid $120 for 2 nights. Brought our own food, in fact we brought too much food

We are less than 20 miles away from MM -- come stalk us!
    Last edited by Lady_V; 03-12-2009 at 06:47 PM. Reason: added info

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We hope to camp at some of our local state parks, especially along the the coast.
    I love the national parks. A few years ago we camped in the Black Hills. We had a great time. We even camped with Devils Tower in the back ground.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our friends gave us a pop up last yr. We are wanting to camp around VA, TN, KY and NC. We usually go on a vacation ea. yr and stay at a beach house, but we are giving that up to pay debt this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_V View Post
    http://minutemancampground.com/

Yup, it's in Littleton, MA. Far enough away to feel like we're "gone" without spending a ton on gas.

They have rv spots, tent spots, one 2 room cabin and a few one room ones.

A lot of people don't know it's there. There is a playground, pool, store that sells wood, ice and food (at normal prices), and a very VERY small arcade area that has a free ping pong table (you have to buy the balls for .50. We just kept ours when we left).

You feel as if you are in the middle of nowhere while you are in the campground, but there is a gas station just outside the gates as well as a Dunkin Donuts.

We like it. We walked around the whole place and it was very friendly. Loud parties are not allowed. No where is 'far' from the bathrooms/showers. There is a laundry room there as well.

I think we paid $120 for 2 nights. Brought our own food, in fact we brought too much food

We are less than 20 miles away from MM -- come stalk us!
    Lol! I have a cottage in Rye Beach NH and we spend most of the summer there but I am thinking of taking the kiddos for a few days to MM. What a nice place so close to home. It says you can walk to DD which is oh so fabulous!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have no idea where we are going this year. I'm pretty sure we'll kick off our season with Memorial day weekend and camp somewhere, but I haven't figured out where. I'm glad you posted this though, because places here start taking reservations on April 1st, so I guess I should get on it, so I can call on the first and make reservations!

Paula, definately get to Yellowstone if you can (and if you haven't been there before). I've camped there twice, and I still remember waking up one morning and hearing a weird noise. I began to open the tent flap and found myself looking straight into the eyes of a BISON! Literally less than 3 feet away just staring at me! Eeeeeep! I closed that tent flap, faster than I have ever done anything in my life! After a few minutes, he wandered away, but it was definately an experience I'll never forget!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast