Back from our camping trip.......
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Back from our camping trip.......

You might remember that I posted about this trip with my friend and 3 other couples and how nervous I was about it. Well it turned out pretty darned good. The one woman I was worried about was not too bad. Poor thing broke her leg about a month ago and has to be on crutches or in a wheelchair all the time so she wasn't able to be around us too much and when she was she was pretty laid back and quiet. I had a great time visiting with my friend too!

We did have one problem.....unwanted and uninvited guests. I don't know....I was raised that you do NOT crash a party, reunion, gathering of people if you are not invited. Someone forgot to tell the girl who works with me that rule I guess. I swear she is so rude and uncivilized. It's like she grew up in a cave or something. She is just all over men all the time(you might remember my posts about her and the guy we work with) and has no manners at all. She seems obsessed with doing/having whatever I do and I don't understand it at all. Anyone that I make friends with at work, she has to hang all over and try to suck up to. If I take food to work for everyone she has to bring something the very next day.

When my friend was camping there over Labor Day weekend E(girl who works with me) just would NOT leave her alone. She flirted with friend's dh all weekend and just made a total ass of herself. On her last day of work for the year(that Sunday) she was all over the husband. She came up behind us a we were making plans for this weekend and started in on her coming too. As she got ready to leave she hugs my friend's dh and slips him a piece of paper and says "here's my phone number. when you come back in Oct. call me so I can come over and see you." My friend didn't see this and I didn't mention it.

So my friend camped last weekend and left the camper so they could come back this weekend. On Thursday E calls me and wants to know if they are here. I tell her no. She keeps on and on I tell her they will be there on the weekend but only at night. They have plans for the daytime and will only be sleeping at the park. She says "I gave him my phone number and told him to call me when they came back and I haven't heard ONE word from them". Umm yeah so take the hint stupid!

On Friday I chose to cook dinner for everyone. I was doing hamburgers and chips, someone else made salad and another made dessert. We had the largest site so everyone gathered there. I had just gotten exactly enough burgers done for everyone to have one when who shows up? Yep E and her two dd's. OMG! I was so mad I could have spit! Everyone is just standing there in a daze not knowing what to say to her or what to do. She parades in and starts fixing herself a plate and telling her kids to hurry up, come on and get something to eat! They eat my food, they drink up my drinks,etc. Then I hear her telling friend's dh to call her the next day and tell her what time we are eating so she can come over again!

So on Saturday he calls her! She shows up this time with dh and both dd's. Her dh is a total butt, loud, rude, UGH! So they parade in again and start eating. They drink up all of my Mt. Dew so that I have none for the next day, etc. Her oldest dd is 17 and acts like a tramp. She had never met these people before and she kept going up to the men and bumping their arms with her boobs OMG! You know how guys bump chests well she would walk up and stick her chest out and bump their arms on purpose with her boobs. Thank god she didn't do it to dh because he would have told her off. She showed up both nights in really tight tank tops, etc. It was so tense and horrible for everyone.

Now my friends want us to camp with them again on 4th of July. I'd love to do this but other girl will be working and will know we are there. I KNOW she will show up again and I'm not sure I want that. And she has a camper so I wouldn't put it past her to pull it up there and camp too.

I just don't understand people. If I told someone to call me so we could get together the next time they are in town and then I found out they'd been there and didn't call, I'd take the hint that they wanted nothing to do with me. But then I was raised with some manners I guess.

Saturday was cold and rainy and windy so the campfire felt good! We had chili, veggie soup and potato soup and the most awesome chocolate cake with homemade hot fudge sauce OMG! One morning friend's parents made breakfast and then yesterday I did it for everyone. I insisted friend take weekend off as she is working 70 hours a week and then doing all the kid stuff at night(lessons, church groups, girl and boy scouts, etc.).

All in all it was a good weekend. We will just have to hope that if we all camp together 4th of July weekend E will get her fill of them while working all day and leave us alone at night!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Holy Cow this woman is a pip Im sorry she did what she did but someone needs to tell her to buzz off. reading this post was like watching Jerry springer. Talk about your trashy people I would not suffer in silence any longer it may not be easy but you need to tell her to stay home unless invited

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Lora88 View Post
    Holy Cow this woman is a pip Im sorry she did what she did but someone needs to tell her to buzz off. reading this post was like watching Jerry springer. Talk about your trashy people I would not suffer in silence any longer it may not be easy but you need to tell her to stay home unless invited
    I can't tell her to stay home if friend's dh invites her. He will invite her every time because he really enjoys the attention he gets from her. He is kind of childish too and if anyone tells him to not invite her he will just to tick someone off. I also have to watch what I say as we work together in a very small, tight confined space. If I piss her off then it's going to be a very long summer for me next year trying to work around her and her boyfriend at work.

I think next year we will set up on someone else's site and then if she shows up I can eat and go back to my own campsite and avoid her. I can't keep her from showing up but I can keep my drinks at my own camper and out of their reach and avoid her by going in the camper LOL.

It just amazes me that people can't/won't take the hint. When everyone is sitting around the fire and they don't leave you a chair or offer to get you one and they are talking and laughing and TOTALLY ignoring you and you STILL show up again the next night, there has to be something just really wrong with you, ya know?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WV_mom_of2 View Post
    I can't tell her to stay home if friend's dh invites her. He will invite her every time because he really enjoys the attention he gets from her.
    But if your friend knew about her slipping the phone number to him, etc., I bet SHE'D put a stop to it toot sweet! Not doing your friends any favors by keeping the secret....if it comes out later she will feel humiliated and will resent you for it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I can't tell her to stay home if friend's dh invites her. He will invite her every time because he really enjoys the attention he gets from her.
    But if your friend knew about her slipping the phone number to him, etc., I bet SHE'D put a stop to it too sweet! Not doing your friends any favors by keeping the secret....if it comes out later she will feel humiliated and will resent you for it. Personally, I think there should be a special place in hell reserved for women who go after other women's husbands. It doesn't make them look hot, attractive, better, etc.....it makes them look like the pieces of untrustworthy sh*t that they are.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

>>I just don't understand people. If I told someone to call me so we could get together the next time they are in town and then I found out they'd been there and didn't call, I'd take the hint that they wanted nothing to do with me. But then I was raised with some manners I guess. <<

Let us know if you figure <people> out, will you? You'll be rich, and we'll be so much wiser!

So sorry to hear that this woman put such a damper on your camping trip -- but glad to hear you made the most of it. Ahh, drama. Enough is enough!

~M

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You are MUCH MORE complacent than I would have been with the hamburger scene........

You cooked the main dish so when she 'invited herself' I would have just said......"Sorry 'e', I didn't know you were coming and I didn't cook enough for you"......sorry but I have NO PATIENCE with rude people.....and that was just plain rude!! Well.......okay .......STUPID!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfranny View Post
    You are MUCH MORE complacent than I would have been with the hamburger scene........

You cooked the main dish so when she 'invited herself' I would have just said......"Sorry 'e', I didn't know you were coming and I didn't cook enough for you"......sorry but I have NO PATIENCE with rude people.....and that was just plain rude!! Well.......okay .......STUPID!!
    Opps I wasn't clear in my first post. Well see I actually cooked more than I needed. There were 14 of us so I worked it out with my electric skillet and griddle that I could cook 14 at once so everyone could get one to start with while I cooked the rest. So I had just cooked the first 14 and gotten them off and everyone had started filling their plates when she showed up(that was what I meant by just cooking enough when she showed up). But I had 14 more cooking so that wouldn't have worked. I know, I am too nice but I was raised that way. And I wasn't the only person there. I didn't want to raise a big stink and maybe embarrass my friend or her parents and I wasn't sure what they thought about her being there until later so I just kept my mouth shut. It's very tricky for me you know? I work there so I can't tell people off there and I have to work for months on end with her too so that makes it hard.

Between the two nights her, her dh and her two kids drank 12 of my sodas though which did tick me off. I would NEVER allow my kids to just walk up to someone's cooler and take a drink from it without even asking.

My friend is insisting I camp with them next year but I just don't know. Something is going to have to change before I do it again. Someone is going to have to knock her dh in the head and tell him to lose her number LOL. But to be honest it wouldn't do any good. Noone called her this time and she took it upon herself to show up. 4th of July she will be working and will know we are there and she will just show up again without an invite. We work in the main office so there is no way for her to not know we are all there.
    Last edited by WV_mom_of2; 10-12-2009 at 04:51 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Luckybustert View Post
    But if your friend knew about her slipping the phone number to him, etc., I bet SHE'D put a stop to it too sweet! Not doing your friends any favors by keeping the secret....if it comes out later she will feel humiliated and will resent you for it. Personally, I think there should be a special place in hell reserved for women who go after other women's husbands. It doesn't make them look hot, attractive, better, etc.....it makes them look like the pieces of untrustworthy sh*t that they are.
    My friend knows that her dh called her the second night and invited her. Not sure what, if anything, she said to him about it. That is their business I guess.

Next time I will just insist on cooking at someone else's site and then if she shows up I can go back to my own site and she can have at it over there LOL.

And I don't think she's "after" my friend's dh so much. My friend pays her no attention and her dh does so he is the one that she clings to to try to get into the circle if you know what I mean. He is like a two year old in alot of ways and he eats up the attention she gives him. She talked him into bringing her coffee every morning when she worked this summer and they were camping,etc. It's an attention thing with both of them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

And I don't think she's "after" my friend's dh so much. My friend pays her no attention and her dh does so he is the one that she clings to to try to get into the circle if you know what I mean. He is like a two year old in alot of ways and he eats up the attention she gives him. She talked him into bringing her coffee every morning when she worked this summer and they were camping,etc. It's an attention thing with both of them.
    To me it sounds like an affair waiting to happen.

I wouldn't have been so nice. I would have told her that I didn't invite her, and to leave.

Hugs. I hope it works out.