Last trip of the year....
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Last trip of the year....

Hi folks, I thot I would give you an update on our last trip of the season. Our oldie RV (1990) ran like a dream. We spent 6 days in the mid section of IN, around the Richmond, New Castle area. Visited museums, IN BB Hall of Fame, Hoosier Gym (movie-Hoosiers-filmed there), antique stores, etc. We were saddened that several museums were closed due to the economy. Even tho, it rained every day except 1, we had a good time. We spent less than 30$ on food. We are lucky to have a good frig & freezer. I cooked/baked ahead. I took with us--hamb's, brats, taco meat (2meals), HM saus gravy, cooked whole potatoes (grill'em/delish), HM choc chip cookies, 2#'s of oven baked bacon (Rachael Ray was right, super way to prepare ahead) & one night we had Aldi's pot pies. Took lunch meat for sandwiches for lunch. We sat in the parking lots, made our sandwich, ate, & away we go. We did ok. I made HM baby wipes-for x's the shower rooms were just too cold. I used all paper products, clean up was quick & simple. (green & recycle another day). Diesel prices-you just pay them. We wore sweatshirts, jeans more than once. Used good ole' Walmart bags (been saving them to have enuff) as our trash bags-stuffed into an empty kleenex box. We dranked h20 from home, recycled in clean gal containers. We used the same small catsup & mustard containers from all season-just refilled them. During clean up of RV, all "stuff" was brought in & will be used here in the house. The RV is asleep till next year. IF I knew how to post digital pics, I would.. but I don't know how to do it!!! I'll finish with--RVing/camping in any way is so much fun, I just wish more people would share any experience with me/us. I would love to read about your frugal camping! Have a splendid day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh Ali, you make me homesick. I use to live about 7 miles from New Castle and believe it or not I never went to the HOF, but I've been in that gymnasium several times. We don't have an RV but I love to camp(tent) especailly in the fall. We want to do some state park camping next year God williing. My allergies an asthma may say different. You really had everything planned and it sounds like a wonderful time. I think my favorite camping food is potatoes with onions, YUMMO! Glad you had a great time and can't wait to see where you go next year.

Cat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You were only about 20 miles away from me when you were in Richmond...hope you had a wonderful time....where do you live, anyway????

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I live just a skip & a jump from Notre Dame. The Hall of Fame had the cleanest restroom-I've ever been in (FYI), Ms Cat. Hopefully you'll make it back home one of these days and tour it. And Ms Sheri, Richmond has a wonderful museum, I hope you've seen it... plus the Wright Brothers Museum was great!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I miss camping/rving so much! I love hearing your stories and it sounds like you had a great time Ali Lee!