First trip of the year!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default First trip of the year!

My hubby has been working like crazy. Weekends at work, weekends at home. He needed a break, away from home. If we stayed home - he'd work. Last weekend called for rain, we decided to hitch up the camper anyway. I was worried. I didn't want to be trapped in a pop-up all weekend in the rain.

I was glad we went! We left Friday afternoon. It started raining when we arrived in town. Just a light rain, continued while we set up. It cleared about an hour later. Still overcast, but that was ok. Our girls set off to fish & explore the area. (We went to one of our favorite state parks - it was practically empty.)

Rained all night Friday night - just while we were sleeping. Saturday was overcast. We spent the day hiking & fishing. Again, rained during the night. Sunday the sun peeked out! The turtles came out and sunned themselves as did the snakes! We had a great time hiking and looking at them all on the lake. We found a beaver dam and den during our travels. Our girls caught lots of fish - as did the hubby.

Our pop-up dried out in the sun, which is a good thing. I don't have to open it up during the week to do it. (one less chore!)

We all feel refreshed now! I'm so happy that we didn't listen to the weather reports. I had been tracking the weather for the area the week before.. I'm so glad we went!

Anyone else getting ready for their first trip of the year or gone already?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Glad you had fun but we won't go/if at all/ until July.
    This year DD is taking 2 sessions of summer college courses plus DH also works -constantly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!

We arent planning on going for awhile now, with work and the yard and garden, plus its been snowing the last couple of days.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so jealous!! So happy you had a good time. Spill--what kind of foods did you fix? Any prepared ahead? run a heater? games? Anything you would do different different next time? Any good ideas to share?
    Thanks so much!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We did end up running our heater. It was a damp, cool weekend. (We're pop-up campers)

Let's see if I can remember our menu.....

Friday dinner: hot dogs

Saturday:
    B-corned beef has & eggs
    L- I had precooked some ground beef. Made a "goulash" of sorts in my dutch oven with potatoes, quinoa, canned tomatoes, fresh mushrooms, seasonings.
    D- Pre-marinated chicken breasts - grilled. Foil packets of potatoes & squash. Also hubby fried fresh caught fish.

Sunday - Cereal & fresh fruit.

It was a quick weekend. Normally we leave on Thursday around noon so I need to plan more meals.

No games. We fish, hike, catch frogs, watch wildlife, bike ride. I don't think I'd change a thing! Can't wait for our next trip.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We tent camp so I don't think we'll be going until fall when it gets cooler out. We'll see. We may be taking a weekend trip up to Ginnie Springs to snorkel & kayak. I've never been there but the people my BF work with all say it's a cool place to go; very clear water, lots of fish and turtles. That'll be it for us until fall probably. Now that we're on the beach, we'll probably just live down there this summer lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just got back from our 1st trip of the season. Traveled to North Vernon, IN. Pretty place + the coast to coast highway 50 garage sales were going on! Other than a barking dog most evenings & got up Sat morning to seeing a camper urinating on a tree..a good time. I cooked ahead..
    bkfst--zucchini bread, bacon, juice, hot choc
    lunches-we ate out (hey, we were sailing thru the sales!)
    suppers... taco salad, good ole' pot pies, brats, hamburgers. I fixed fresh veggies, made iced tea every day. We had popcorn for snax.
    I have visited many places in United States, but, nothing could be prettier than Madison, IN.