Any full time RV'rs???
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Any full time RV'rs???

We started our full time RV life in February - sort of by accident. I had lost my job in Dec 2009. Finally found a job Feb 2010 in a different state about 4 hrs away. We tried the commute thing for 7 months - house in one spot where hubby and kids were and me in the rv in the other with travel either way each weekend. We decided to dive in.....so we are now living the RV lifestyle. We sold most all of our household possessions and put house up for sale. I can see definite pros and cons. I dont know if this will be our forever way of living now, but it is working so far.

Are there any other full time RV'rs? What are your thoughts on this lifestyle?

Thanks

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wish! I love Rving!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

After my late dh retired we rv from March 15 to the day after thanksgiving for a few years...We stayed close to home as I was still working but really enjoyed it...

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so glad you all can be together, family and memories are more important then a big empty house. Good for you finding a solution that works for your family so well. How did the kids adjust , and are the animals living with you as well? Has it been fun to find ways to downsize and make different things work for multiple purposes?

Hugs and Blessings,

Angel

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We really struggled with what to do....My daughter was a senior in high school. So, we thought she would want to stay, however, she chose to move and is doing wonderful! My son is in college and just transferred up here. He is really happy so far. Yep, we kept the pups....all small under 5lbs each and cats are inside/outside. It was hard to sell/get rid of some of our stuff....mostly not to bad....and we dont miss any of it. The hardest thing, not being able to stock up on things and cooking in the propane oven. I dont know if I want to do this forever, but for now it works.

Registered User thriftstorequeen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default WE are About to Become Full time RVers :)

By the end of this year this is how we will living in our RV, Lord willing Hubby is retiring We just bought a used 36 ft RV and it is beautiful and roomy. I can hardly wait to begin this new adventure

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, thanks for posting...........I will be following this and I hope people keep posting.

I have just begun to 'think' about buying something.......still lots
    of investigating to do.........thinking fifth wheel or trailer at the moment and don't think I could get rid of EVERYTHING yet so would just do it part time.

Can you discuss what you have learned?..........pros and cons? (other than 'stock up factor').........what you would change?

If you are in a motor home..........do you tow a car? If not, how long do you stay at a destination?......and how do you get around while there?

Registered User thriftstorequeen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Our Adventure so Far :)

We bought a used diesel RV. It is an older model but it is in wonderful shape We plan on selling our home and paying off all debt. My hubby will be working at least till Oct of this year. He turns 62 then, and we can begin to collect SS He should start getting retirement money in March from a place where he worked before. The plant was also was own by another company and we should also be collecting from them. At his current job he will be given a lump sum. We have 5 grown children spread around the US. We plan on visiting each of them and going places in between. Our Motor Home is about 1/2 the size of our current home. I'm finding it very freeing to get rid of stuff!!! Giving our kids sentimental stuff and stuff they can use We will yard sale they rest and just toss that into a general fund . The biggest change for me, will not be enteraining. I love it when everyone piles at our house for a visit. Now it will more one on one with each family which we love too. I will still look for bargins in the food and gift department. I love thriftstores and yard sales. We won't need much for just the two of us. I will have to learn to cook in a convection oven. I love to cook and make most things from scratch. I'm bringing my kitchen aid, pressure cooker and ice cream maker just to name a few. Also my bread machine. We have a small freezer and a nice size fridge. We will have to use a laundry mat. We will spending all our time together. We love being together so that is a good thing. We will getting alot more exercise. Hubby is bringing his surfboards and our bikes. We have decided not to bring an extra car at this point. We want to visit warm places in the colder months and cooler places in the warmer months. We plan on not having a plan, just going and doing what we want for that day I hope this wasn't too long. We are open to any ideas and thoughts anyone would like to share

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How exciting!
    I dream of being able to do this one day. Please keep us updated on how it goes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We--DH, three kids, two dogs and me--lived in RVs for 15 years. We started out with a 24 ft pull behind trailer, got a big 5th wheel and then a bit bigger 5th wheel trailer. It's an interesting life for sure.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are! Went full time in June. We can't move around a lot because my husband is active duty Army, but we go somewhere almost every weekend. We rented out our house and jumped into this lifestyle. It is very freeing. We just stay at local campgrounds during the week for his work, when he deploys, I am headed south because it will be winter time.