Snowbirding ending in a couple of weeks...
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Snowbirding ending in a couple of weeks...

Heading home in a couple of weeks. FL is hot & home is warm, too!! What's up with that?
    This was our first snowbird experience. We came down in Jan. The ole' camper got us here without a problem. Surely, it will get us back ok!!
    Wish I could give out frugal advice by the bushel, but, FL is expensive. Groceries, higher than home. Gas, higher than home. But, we think of the happy & fun experience we're having & those things fall by the wayside.
    Are you making summer camping plans? When, where?
    Couple of ideas:
    Love the Reynold's crockpot liners. Easy & no wash!
    Fabuloso in a spray bottle. A couple of squirts in your stool after flushing..smells -oh so good-.
    Wintergreen rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle. Spray on tables, counters, & cleans the floor-in a pinch. Smells good, cheap, & a good antiseptic/disenfectant.
    I'll add more when I think of them.
    Tell us your 2012 camping plans and throw in some frugal camping ideas........

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Travel safe..........and glad you had a good time.

Hope to say I am a 'snow-birder' in a year or two........

I, too, love the crock pot liners...........especially since I still have one OLD crock pot where the pot doesn't come out for washing........a pain in the butt!!! Only use them on that one crock pot.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cant wait to read some more post. My DH and I are trying the snowbirding this coming winter. We are going from Jan-March also. This will be our first time also. Safe travel home. God Bless.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We've been talking about being snowbirds for several years. We decided early last fall to do it! So, I started reading forums on Woodall's, Good Sam, Escapee's, & Hitch Itch. I would write down where poster's would mention a good RV campground in FL. Then I would look @ a map to see where it was. We knew we wanted to be beyond the middle of FL, where it was warmer. Who knew FL would break record temps this winter? LOL I found twice where people mentioned the campground we're in. I googled the campground. I looked @ the pictures, called their office & asked questions. Called a few others, but came back to this 1 campground. So we took the leap & booked our stay Jan thru the end of Mar. They were friendly & answered my ?'s. Their are RV parks up & down the roads. How packed are they? I don't know. How to chose? I don't know, it's a gamble, I guess. But we paid upfront & sent our pmt in. So choosing a park, will be a hit & miss. Our criteria for choosing... how close to a grocery? activities? can I have a clothesline? laundrymat on premises? average temps, what kinds of sight seeing were around us? of course how much is the cost? what was included in the cost? (our electric is seperate from monthly rental) Your computer will become your magical tour guide. Ok, I will post more later. Enjoy searching for your next adventure in your lives..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We made it home safely, after 1 breakdown. Back to the
    "real world". Cleaned out the camper, scrubbed the frig & put a fan on it to dry completely (very important, takes 1x opening the door & seeing mildew), put in baking soda & charcoal. Dryer sheets everywhere & new ant traps are set out. More later...