Set free from "STUFF"
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Set free from "STUFF"

We are on the move!!! My DH had taken an early retirement/ buyout from his company after 15 years of service. We have made our minds up that we are going to be snowbirds but the kicker is that we sold our house and we are going to live in the camper year round. We want to be set free from "STUFF". Stuff is a very controlling word in your life such as. We got to work 40+ hours a week to get "stuff". Stuff can be from cars, boats, vacation homes,new tv,furniture, etc. What happend to the basic of life we don't need all of this "stuff" what we need is a stress free living. We are young still I am 46 DH is 48 and God has blessed us with freedom from stuff. As some of you read my past post DH and I had struggled in our marriage but we concured and over came the storms in our lives. With GODS grace he has blessed us and opened our eyes that we don't need "STUFF" to be happy. We are working for ourselves doing lawn care service for the summer/fall but in late Oct-Nov we are on the move. It feels great to be set FREE!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that's so great! We temporarily get that sense when we move with the military...we live for a few months with what we can pack in our suitcases. It's amazing how quickly we can acclimate to having very little.

Do you plan to travel across the country or do you have specific places you'll be staying?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Right now we are looking to go to Tennessee for a little while. We are just going where ever GOD leads us. I know that we will be back here for the summer. So excited to do his work and glory.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congrats on your new life and I hope you have safe, happy travels.

The only kicker on me doing without 'stuff' is hobby stuff.......know I could get rid of the rest, as I have in the past done so with some of my travels.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So exciting!!!!

Ok I have to ask this because it has reared its ugly head while I have packed to move cross-country: What did you do with all your photos and if you had children, their memorabilia?

I am so hung up on "stuff" that is memory or family-history related.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Digital photos are stored on walgreen to print or for backup, memories are of people not stuff, take pictures of stuff, give to others who love it, find a way to use what you love not display it. My ggrandmothers flower pot holds napkins and salt and pepper. I have a box of treasures for my kids to deal with eventually, lol. Declutter frequently. We are seasonal rvers, 6 to 8 months at mt or lake as camp host then we winter at home which is at the beach. Less is so much more!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Fantastic! I plan to do this, but as someone still employed full time. Like you, I've already been set free of most of my stuff ... which I agree is incredibly exhilarating... I no longer feel like my things own me... I just need to get that RV and get going.

Again, congrats and have a blast. I hope you continue to post and keep us updated.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

LOL old thread!