Camping season is around the corner!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cool Camping season is around the corner!

In exactly 1 month we will have running water at the campground where we keep our camper! Hubby and I can't wait. It's been such a cold winter we've only made it down to the camper 1 time this winter. We have access to the camper all year round with electric and heat, but no water from November-March.

We are planning on heading to the camper one weekend in March to plug in the electric and get the frig/freezer turned on and deep clean everything. Then, the first weekend of April we are planning on going to the camper from Thursday evening to Sunday afternoon! We will get everything stocked up so we can start enjoying our little getaways!

Our home away from home:
    Camping season is around the corner!-dscf3429.jpg Name:  campsite.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  40.6 KB

Let the countdown begin!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Nice trailer but we tent camp and wont get out until June. We are in Mi. though and always sneak down for a sunny day w/ the dogs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks! A sunny day....that would be nice to see! I imagine Michigan is probably about the same as Ohio (if not worse)...seems like forever since we've seen the sun!
    Last October for the Halloween camping weekend, there were tons of tents. That night, we had temps in low 30s! I saw people with electric heaters, but still! Brrrr!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Low thirties isn't bad as long as you're prepared. We camp without heat in the camper at night down into the mid-twenties and don't suffer any.

It's hard to know when our first trip will be. Fall and spring weather is very iffy here. But I'm sure we'll be anxious to get out early this year so we can play with our new toy bought last year. We haven't been to the North Shore of Lake Superior for several years now, so that would make a nice trip for us.

I have tons of work to do on the trailer this year, so I'm hoping for early spring.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Camping sounds like a lot of fun, if only the weather was better. We have an older camper, but we haven't had it out for a couple of years. DH and DS have been tent camping with the Cub Scouts several times and they really enjoy it. I am trying to convince myself to sell the camper (it is completely paid for), use that money to pay off medical bills and just get an elaborate tent with a nice blow up mattress. I don't know if I'm a tent camping kind of girl. It would be OK once in a while, but not every time. I do like the idea of simplifying things though.

Got a couple of weeks or so to think about it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think the key to successful tent camping (especially tent camping, but other camping too) is organization. For tenting, all the gear needs to be in organized totes and gathered in a place that's easy to access for packing and unpacking. If you have to spend three weeks running around trying to find all your stuff and then forget critical items, it's no fun. Much easier to put totes in the car and go. The easier it is, the more likely you are to do it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've never tent camped. Have always camped in a camper (even as a little girl). My SIL and her hubby tent camp all the time. They have rubbermaid containers with everything in it. Everything stays there and is never used for anything other than camping. They usually camp on our site a couple times a year.

Spirit Deer - I love your camper! Do you have any pictures of the inside? I'd love to see it!

Quiltin Mom - We have an older motorhome (our first camper hubby and I bought about 5+ years ago). It's an 1986 Allegro Bay with 22,000 miles on it. We keep it at the house. We think about selling it every spring, but have never tried real hard. Now hubby works nights and sleeps in the motorhome quite a bit during the day. I'm sure he will be sleeping there more often this summer when kids are out of school. It's nice when we have parties...if someone has had to much to drink that's where they stay.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here's our old camper we still have at our house:

Camping season is around the corner!-dscn0193.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have an '82 Itasca Sunflyer moho too. We're going to try really hard to make ourselves sell it this spring. I have my doubts if anyone will even want it with the price of gas now. We just love it but don't use it anymore because most of our trips are long distance and it's easier and cheaper to tow a folding trailer.

I don't have any of our pics handy, but here's some stock shots off the internet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here in northern Europe, campsites generally don't open until Easter weekend: and mostly, in Britain, you wouldn't want to camp (tent camp) before then - especially since Easter is a moveable feast and can turn up at some very cold, snowy times of the year. Many UK campsites don't offer much in the way of electricity hook ups, either, although they are slowly moving in to the 21st century. So you have to be hardy to think of c-c-c-c-cold c-c-c-c-camping early in the year.

I once turned up at a French campsite on Palm Sunday - and the official notice on the gate said the campsite was open from Palm Sunday until the end of October: but - no sign of life, no plumbing working, no electricity . . . So I walked in to the village and went to the Town Hall where I found The Mayor and explained the situation to him: Oh, he said: and when's Palm Sunday? When I told him it was that very day - and he found a calendar, to confirm it - he nipped out and switched everything on - just for us!