Whats the best way to go camping?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Talking Whats the best way to go camping?

In a motor home, where you can stop when you want, eat in the motor home if its raining, where the kids can have their own seat.

I don't like camping in a tent, but will if thats the only mode we have.

Whats your favorite way to camp?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Any way! Honestly, I have went camping almost every year since I was a little girl, and I love it either way. Just the feeling of being outdoors, and being away from the stress of everyday life is so great.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like to camp in a tent and get the complete "roughing it" feeling.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob mylittle4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have only camped in a tent so I don't know if I would like it in a camper, but I do not think so. I love cooking over the open fire, sitting in lawn chairs, smelling like a can of off.LOL I can't wait to go camping this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love my motorhome !!!!!!! It's not a big one (26 feet ) but it's great, no soar back, shower, toilet, microwave, TV/VCR, air and heat, stove, fridge, everything, not much roughing it here anymore, it's ready to go when we are......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We started out tent camping and that got old fast! We moved up to staying in KOA's and in their Kamping Kabins, I still didn't like that so I made a comment to dh one day and told him I would camp all the time if I had my own trailer!!! Guess who has her own trailer!!! We love it and have had some of our best family vacations camping!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A hotel with no room service

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by Kimmomo3
    A hotel with no room service
    LOL!!!!

We camped all the time when we were little. We actually did the "roughing" it way of camping. Did you have a portable toliet? LOL! Ours was a tarp wrapped around some poles in the ground and a can in the middle of it....lol!!!!

When DH and I first married, we had a 2 man tent and camped all the time. We loved the peace and quiet. Then as the family grew, so did the tent size. Now, we are in a camper and love it. I like pulling in and setting up and when it is time to go, pulling back out. No more tent poles to fight as you put them up. We still bring the lawn chairs and cook outside, even though we could cook inside. I guess I wanted to be up off the ground or we would probably still be in a tent.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a tent. I just started with Dd two years ago. My husband wont go so I can't really justify a camper, though I'd love to get a low end pop up some day.
    We've been looking at the camping sites gearing up for this summer. I can't wait. The only thing I don't like is being by myself with my Dd. I always pick family friendly places and go at peak times. We've never had a problem, just the same I feel safer with a lot of people around. I would have to say that all the folks I have met camping have been the friendliest sort. Very helpful and nice. It has been a wonderful bonding experiance for my Dd and myself!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've usually done tents, although sometimes we've done the cabins where you bring your own bedding...

I really like camping in tents it seems more ...campish if that's a word...But I really hate how sometimes it seems like it gets wet under me in the morning Anyone know how to really keep that from happening?

Last year I bought a HUGE 2 room eddie bauer tent on clearance at...guess where...TARGET
    We still have a lot to buy before we are actually ready, so I'll have to keep an eye out for when they are clearanced this year...

I LOVE the whole, cooking on a propane stove, roasting marshmellows/weiners on the fire...oh and potatos/corn in aluminum foil...it's great!

I just think that if I were in a bear country area I'd prefer a cabin just to feel safer...Although a lot of other things could come inside our tent anyways

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like to camp in Canada. Where we camp there are NO facilities. THIS is the best way up there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a Volkswagon camper, Dh and I used to sleep in that while the kids were in tents. Then the engine caught fire and we have not fixed it yet so last summer we went camping, using our small Vw pick up to load stuff (we have so much stuff to make it fun). The kids and I drove in my car ( a vw of course) he he). Dh and I bought a queen sized air mattress and pump. It was so great I never want to sleep in that cramped camper again. I have always loved camping but that $20.00 for that mattress was worth millions...try it guaranteed you'll love it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

aylasmommy,
    You can prevent the whole wet -under-you- in- the- morning thing by putting a tarp under your tent. Be sure and fold it so no more than 1/2 inch or less sticks out around it, otherwise it just catches the water and slides it under you. I looked at the Eddie Bauer tents at Target. They are nice ,you aught to like it. Side note, I see you love Taget. I do too because I met my hubby there!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi - I had never camped til met my second DH about 20 yrs ago. We started out roughing it - camping with just sleeping bags, coleman stove, - then moved up to tents, finally bought a 23' RV.

But our very favorite way to camp is "boat camping". We like to find a private cove at either Lake Mead or Lake Powell or Lake MOhave (all part of the Colorado River System) - bring our tents, stove, coolers (and yes blow up queen air mattress - wonderful), laterns, etc. It is so peaceful and serene. We play in the water, fish, read good books, etc. My idea of heaven.

Suezy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have always camped; when the kids were small we used a tent, but moved to a pop-up camper, and we all love it. We still camp when we can.

yolo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast