Is anyone planning to go camping this year?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Is anyone planning to go camping this year?

Camping is one of our favorite vacations.  We used to have a motorhome so it made it so easy to toss in some food and head to the lake or the mountains but we sold it last year.  We are planning to take some vacations to the local lakes and rent a cabin while we are there.  It is so fun to just get away and enjoy great outdoors.

Is anyone else planning on camping this spring/summer?  Will you be in a camper, RV or tent or cabin?  What are your favorite things about camping?  Do you fish or boat?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes! We too love to camp. Last season (April 1 to Dec. 1) we camped literally every single weekend. Our first camping trip will be this coming weekend, we are all so excited. We have a 30 ft. travel trailer set up on a seasonal site. It's a great way to spend quality time with the family. We enjoy it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a travel trailer, too. We only went a few times last year, though.

I plan to try to get out at least once a month this year.......next year will be sketchy, too with a new baby. Sometimes it's just not worth it.

We camp close-by usually. We've got several lakes within an hour of us.

Also we take the camper to Oklahoma to visit family....we try to go at least once a year.

here's our camper...it's a good size for us. 

http://www.jayco.com/html/catalog/fl...2&mod_id=5

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

ama
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We do a TON of camping!! Last year we bought a pop-up and had so much fun! We started camping in April just doing local trips. Then we headed down to VA and then onto FL for our 2 week vacation. We only managed to get 1 or 2 trips in after that but I CANNOT wait til we can go again. Hopefully end of this month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We LOVE camping. Sold my newer rv with payments for a much older paid-for one. Won't stop us too much. We've got quite a few lakes near us and we like to take the dune buggy to a park in our rv, as well.

I try to keep it ready to go, other than food and clothes. Just throw some things in 'er and take off!

I've been known to 'camp' in my driveway or alley way quite a bit. Would even call dh to tell him dinner was ready and it'd be out in the rv, lol.

Love the family time! Love the food! Love the bonfires! Love the scenery! Love it!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We love to camp, too. We like to tent, though. The kids think it's so much fun. We try to pick places with hiking trails, and a nice place to swim. We didn't go at all last year, because we were new to the area, and didn't know where to go. We came across a couple of promising places, so I'm hoping by May long weekend, it will be warm enough to go.

Registered User northernmom2boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile

We own an rv and we park in on apiece of land near a river about an hour from us and we also travel to other places with it.Every weekend we are out and my dh has 2 weeks vacation so we are out there then too.We take out the atvs and the kids love it,fresh air and wildlife.
    Michelle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love camping! SO and I dont have kids, but we have alot of nieces and nephews, and its so fun to get a huge group together and go camping. Also we go with our friends sometimes, too. We live in an area that has tons and tons of camping options, we live in the Shenandoah Valley, in Virginia, at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mts. There are so many National parks and forests! We always tent. Its a great time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we LOVE to camp too! we started out in a tent and have moved all the way up to a class A motorhome! it is an older one, but we LOVE it! it is a 1990.5 fleetwood bounder. we camp a lot in indiana and illinois. if you all are ever in illinois, they have beautiful state parks! they are VERY clean too! in indiana, i highly recommend turkey run state park. it is about 20 minutes from us and is a BEAUTIFUL park with lots of nice trails. they even have one where you walk right up a creek bed with rock walls! it is cool!
    anyway, we LOVE camping and the kids love it too!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We camp almost every weekend at our local lake. We have a paid for RV, an older one, but we love it...........it does the trick...........Our kids love the lake..........the boat..........and jet skis..........its all so much fun.....and all our friends camp at the same lake and drop over all weekend..........one big party....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are planning a couple of camping trips this year. We will be camping in tents at my aunt's property when my sister comes to visit for a week from two states over.
    We will be doing lots of fishing, my dh introduced me to the fun of catching fish last year on free fishing weekend. My oldest daughter does not want to touch the fish so she just baits the hooks for mom so mom can catch lots of fish.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Our motorhome is not functional - transmission is gone, and not enough money to repair it right now. .. . so we're investing in a tent and will take a camping vacation to Beaufort SC to see Doug in June. Anyone know of some good campgrounds in that area?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow ladies, I'm gald theirs so many of us that camp. It's nice to see people out and enjoying themselves in Gods willderness and parks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We camp every year. I love it! I would much rather be out in nature than in a hotel. We have tents but will sometimes rent a cabin.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We camp from about now until sometimes Oct. or Nov. We have a 26 foot RV we paid off last May. We have a state part about 28 miles from us. We also plan to go to Bennet Springs State Park in Mo. this summer to camp with relatives. We often take our camper to rabbit shows around the country as it is much cheaper than a hotel. Last Oct. we camped for a week at the Indy fairgrounds during the National show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast