Having camping withdrawls.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ama
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Having camping withdrawls.....

After our BIG camping trip -- hauled that thing all the way down to FL and back in July we kinda just barely unpacked it and put it away. Nothing like a 2 week extended camping trip to burn you out. But now here it is Dec and I'm missing it so bad. How I wish it were summer! WAH!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love to camp also, and can't wait for summer time.
    I can only go for about 3 nights, that's long enough for us...we tent camp. Sometimes it's more work cooking over the campfire and doing the dishes and all...but I love it for a few days. It makes me appretiate my home even more.
    It's nice to get away from the t.v. and things and sit and talk over the fire and play games........owwww now you have me thinking about it.

ama
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

**spreading the sickness....

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not quite camping but we are already planning a trip in June to a modern cabin in PA for a week. We will tent camp a couple of weekends in the summer, at the beach and just like you we can't wait.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Why not go camp somewhere in the winter? That's the only time I like camping, otherwise here in Florida there's bugs and it's too hot for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here in Texas we do most of our camping in fall, winter and spring since it's so hot in the summer. This year we were so busy we only made it out three times, so I feel your pain. (We usually try to camp once a month or so.)

--Michelle

ama
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well here in Michigan camping is usually out of the question in the winter with a pop-up. We do have a heater -- I wonder if you could camp in the snow with it though?? Its been such a warm winter though -- no snow, 40's...I think I do believe in the whole global warming thing. What else could it be??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Could be we're just on a warming cycle, and eventually it will start to get cooler again? But I digress...

You should do it. Bundle up, make a campfire, snuggle with your honey over hot cocoa. It'll be fun.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have been talking about camping already too. We are planning our first trip in the spring.

Michelle68 said......
    Here in Texas we do most of our camping in fall, winter and spring since it's so hot in the summer.
    Summer is almost out of the question. It is too hot to camp then. I agree Michelle.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We will be camping tomorrow night (alone, no kids). We are meeting some friends at the campground where we have our travel trailer set up at (seasonal site). It will be cold, but fun. It should make for an interesting New Years Eve.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

not really a camping story, but we were at the campgrounds yesterday. hubby had a fishing tournament and when he calls me from someone elses phone, i usually know what that means. this time he didn't drop the phone in the lake, he fell out of the boat head first. he also wasn't wearing his life jacket- had on his insulated overalls and his carhart, so he just soaked up water. he said if lance hadn't been in the boat with him he would have drowned. so, if any of you are going boating ALWAYS WEAR YOUR LIFE JACKET!!! they just happened to have some clothes dryers somewhere at the campsite, so at least he didn't freeze to death waiting for me to bring some more clothes and shoes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This Michigander is going thru withdrawls too! Can't wait to Feb! That's when we can book our annual trip to Ostsego Lake with sites right on the water! It is breathtaking!

I am gonna try and talk hubby into traveling to the east coast this summer for a first trip out of the state.

Thank goodness we have had a mild winter so far.

Gina

ama
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey Gina -- have you ever camped in Ohio?? I HIGHLY recommend Hocking Hills. Its gorgeous there and only about 5 hours from MI. Waterfalls, cliffs, caves. I try to share with anyone I run into about going there. Its gorgeous! SE Ohio -- look it up. You won't be disappointed!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No, I have never camped outside of Michigan. There are so many great places to go in MI, that we never have to venture far. But, thanks for the tip! 5 hours south is just as easy as 4 or so hours north!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gosh, you guys have me wanting to go bad...., I can't wait until spring break load up the horses and just take off for a few nights I always sleep better when I'm camping weird isnt it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast