Please explain to me....
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Please explain to me....

I am totally serious about this. I am not being sarcastic or sassy - I am really curious.
    Could someone please tell me why you enjoy camping. I have never been, and I cannot get what the fuss is all about. DH has mentioned taking all of us a couple of times and have politely declined each invitation. I do not see what fun there is in sleeping in a tent (which does not sound comfortable) no A/C or heater, no electricity, no bathroom, no shower, no locked doors, bugs and critters around the food etc... It just seems not so enjoyable to me. I like a comfy bed with soft blankets , a toilet that flushes etc...I get the "spending quality time with the family away from distractions" aspect. But after just a weekend of camping, I am afraid I would be so grumpy from lack of restroom facilities and good sleep that no one would want to be around me for a week. Someone please help me understand.
    Last edited by Neeley; 01-18-2007 at 09:27 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, we don't do extreme camping. When we go tent camping we are near a restroom facility. My favorite is to go RV camping. I love the time away from distractions and the laid back atmosphere. Its even better when we go with a group of friends and can spend all our time chatting and getting to know each other better. Oh, and food cooked over a campfire is the best!

Registered User northernmom2boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was born in the ''big city ''and only started camping when I met dh.We camp every weekend during the summer and all vacations are camping.We do not tent,we have a 24 foot rv, tv,microwave,air conditioning,indoor toilet,shower,generator lol We have our own bedroom with a door and a very comfy mattress.I do not consider it rough camping at all lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, I kinda cheat camp too, no tents for me, esp. after a week of tent camping we found a snake under the tent LOL. My horse trailer has a "weekend package" in it. comfy bed, a/c and heat, fridge, hot water, sink,radio, dvd player, and t.v. I have whats called a cowboy shower, not to bad in the summer, but really cold in the spring LOL, so we always go where there are facilities. Its just fun to hang out and cook marshmallows and hot dogs in the fire, and we have met alot of neat people too. oh I have a mircowave too : ) I go mostly to trail ride my horse, as he gets ran a bunch and the slow pace of trail riding does her good and usually when I come back from trail riding and go to a barrel race we do pretty good : ) . and my son loves it : )

Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob baronmom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will only go camping in my parents 36 foot camper. It has a/c and heat along with all the amenities of home. I have got to have a shower too. I will not camp out in a tent. I have had one too many bad experiences in a tent.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I enjoy camping in both ways ~ I've never stayed in a huge RV, just a pop-up camper (which I really likes) & tent style ~ I think it's great either way, but I prefer the tent ~ we've always had restrooms nearby, so we still shower & brush our teeth everyday

I love the smell of the clean mountain air, watching my boys play in the creek - catching tadpoles for the weekend (I always make them set everything free when we leave), hotdogs over a campfire, flashlights to find our way, picking up sticks for a fire, I just love the whole experience ~ nature walks, falling asleep to the sound of crickets, hmmmm...... now I want to go camping

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our family went tent camping two summers ago with several other families. It was really fun hanging out with friends, cooking and eating together, getting away from it all, the campfire each night, and all the kids had a blast together. I mainly went for my kids, because I HATE CAMPING! I literally froze at night, my air mattress had a slow leak and I wound up on the hard ground, so I was exhausted and sore in the morning. I hurt my knee and had to limp the rest of the time, etc. I vowed - never again! LOL

RV's are the only way to go!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

there is a place down the street selling the coolest RV ever. if i had the $ i'd get it in a red hot second

lemme see if i can find a link

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It is a dream of mine to own a "Class B" motorhome, also known as a camper van. They are completely self-contained, with shower and toilet, tv, fridge, stove and microwave. They sleep two or three people and get decent gas mileage. We would also use it as a second car, for short errands around town.

I would love to be able to take off for a week or two and drive to a National Park. We would also use it for weekend trips. We will likely get an RV when DH finishes school and gets a better job. I hope to find a used Class B, like the Roadtrek. I just think it would be so much fun. We all want to see more of the US and Canada.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've wondered, if we owned one, would we ever use it? I've wondered the same thing about a boat - but of course, I don't like water enough to ever want a boat!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is what a Roadtrek looks like: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Roadt...QrdZ1QQsspagen

I think we would be hitting the road every three day weekend if we had one. If DH ends up teaching and has summers off, we would be traveling as much as we could.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I LOVE camping in our tent. It is so good to get away from everything that makes us crazy, and just enjoy each other. We go to a campground with washrooms and showers, so we do stay clean. We have an insulated 2 room tent, and air mattresses with plenty of comfy blankies to keep us warm. Its fun to play "camping" games, like washer toss, frisbee, or horse shoes. Plus, nothing beats hotdogs, beans and marshmallows cooked over a fire!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey now RVers, camping means a tent, a fire, and a bathroom in a tree

It's getting back to nature and feeling really at peace. It's feeling more involved in every process, like cooking the food, and bathing, and being with people minus all the stupid day-to-day distractions.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh oh oh, and ... S'MORES! Only true if melted over a campfire on a stick found in the woods.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can still find a stick in the woods and melt my marshmallows over a campfire, then go to bed in my nice comfy RV bed.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast