Anyone have a VR1 by keystone?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Anyone have a VR1 by keystone?

STILL on the hunt for a new trailer. We have it narrowed done to either the Keystone VR1 or a Jayflight with QUAD bunks and the queen bed. I know it sounds overboard but we've toured so many and it seems like the right way to go. Because we've been looking for so long we have managed to save up enough to pay cash!!!!!!!!
    I really would like some input on this VR1, I love it and think it would be great and I found a GREAT deal on a 2006, new, not used. A good friend of mine went to look at it and thought the bottom foot all the way around it was flimsy?!?! I thought it was made out of the same stuff as the rest of the camper but she says no. Does anyone have it or a quad bunk model that they want to talk about?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have this one: Springdale
    We love it. Quad bunks in the back, queen in the front, super slide in the middle containing the couch and dinette. We would have liked something a little "fancier" but we wanted to pay cash and at the time of the purchase it's what we could afford. We've had it about 4 years now and it looks as good as the day we bought it. It's our 2nd Springdale. We started out with an 18 footer.
    My DH went to check out the VR1's when they first came out. He wasn't impressed with them. We've never seen one in a campground and only seen a handful of them on the roads.
    I've heard/read tons of good things about the JayFlights.
    What are you going to be pullling it with? How long of a camper are you thinking of getting?
    Check out www.rv.net. There you can find tons of information on all kinds of campers/brands/styles.
    Happy Camping!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You're right, you never see VR1's anywhere!!!! Why is that? We actually did see the exact one we want to get hooked up to someones truck at a grocery store and we waited forever for them to come out but never met up. Jayflights are all over the place. We'll be pulling with a 3 quarter ton diesel truck. We want travel trailer, not a fifth wheel. Once you start looking at quad bunks you seem to be looking at at least 29 feet or more. Yesterday we saw the most beautiful fifth wheel, the kids room was up in the fifth wheel part, it slept 5 kids. TONS of storage and a big bedroom in the back. The price was through the roof!!!!! Not for us at all but very nice. Cruiser by cross roads I think. I'm heading over to that web site right now.....thanks for your help!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thumbs up We have a VR1

We bought a 27 foot (really 30 feet with the space in the V) VR1 in April and have taken it on 3 camping trips so far - we love it and no complaints. We find that it has the height/feel of a fifth wheel without the fifth wheel hitch. Tows really nice. We got the one where there is a full bathroom in the V, queen bedroom, slide out living room and kitchen area.

I would recommend it based on our experience so far. If you have any other specific questions, let me know!
    Kristy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Vr1

We have owned the VR1 275 for about three years now. Ours has the large bathroom in the nose, which is what sold us on this trailer.

The only problem I have encountered with this trailer is that I had to replace the converter this summer. Other than that, this trailer has been absolutely problem free.

I have heard complaints about the bottom skirting being flimsy. However, the trailer sets so high off the ground that there is a lot of turbulence under the trailer, and it is better to have some flexibility here. Also, it is easier to clean than the fiberglass. In short, this skirting seems sufficient and has presented no problems in all the miles we have driven.

A couple of the better features of the trailer is that all of the mechanicals are very easy to reach and there is a lot of ceiling room.

This trailer tows very well even though the "V" nose offers no credible mileage savings as far as I can tell.

All in all, this is a very nice tt and we are very pleased with everything about it.