Any one else rent a seasonal site?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Any one else rent a seasonal site?

This year we decided to rent a site. We got a really sweet deal on it. It is costing us less than a weekend trip away from home paying a hotel.

We have always camped, but less and less, never staying more than 4 or 5 days. Now that we have this site we're out every, and I mean every weekends, and finished a 9 day trip on Sunday. I'm ready to go back out. We've been able to build an enclosed deck, a shed. We have a nice fire pit we build too, we built horseshoe pits on the lot. We put up badminton nets, run a sprinkler and have toddler pool. I often embroidery with the machine while out there...lol.

Now, this sounds expensive. We have a 1978 Prowler we got.....for FREE.
    Front view:

The deck we had to buy the carpet inside, but the lumber was free, the metal roofing was free, and the sidewalk blocks were free. We did have to buy nails and screws. I made the blinds(yellow and orange stripes myself). Inside we have a fridge, got for free. A table and chairs were bought on clearance.

Back View:

Fire Pit behind trailer, lumber and rocks were free:

Inside the enclosed Deck

It is so awesome. It's quite at night, the kids have more freedom out there, as everyone is seasonal, no traffic. We have walkie talkies and the kids are happy to play and play(there's 2 parks and a "forest" which is just a clump of trees by the park, not a true forest, which they adventure in.).

Love it. If you ever have the opportunity, I highly recommend it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

if we cant swing a wood lot we might do this....my dh had one growing up and they loved it

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What fun & the memories you all are making are priceless. Good for you & yours!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Mommy4ever. We too are on a seasonal site and we love it. We've been there for 3 years and plan to stay one more. We aren't allowed to add any rooms onto our campers but we are allowed to build decks and patios. Any sheds put on the site have to be those Rubbermaid type of sheds.
    We love it there and like you go just about every weekend. A few weeks ago we were there for a week and loved every minute of it. It's our home away from home.
    Enjoy your time there. You're making friends and memories with your family that will last a lifetime.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We were allowed to enclose the deck it's about 50% screen. It's nice to have an eating area free of bugs But no rooms added on. Some of the original people there have cabins on the lots along with their campers etc. But he doens't allow it anymore. We love it out there so far Heading there again tomorrow. Then next week we're going out for another week. Hopefully it isn't in the 100's again! That's just too hot!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We haven't done seasonal yet, we live really close to a great campground so mostly visit or camp on weekends. We've gone on 3 one week trips so far this summer and will be gone for another week pretty soon. LOVE the idea of seasonal, only setting everything up once. I haven't been anywhere they will let you build on like that!
    One week stays are about the most for us.....we travel all over the place.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a seasonal site. I just finished it. I wanted flowers around the site so I dug up some my out-of-control hosta/day lilly/forevers and replanted them out there. I enjoy it, as I'm not much of a social being, it is nice to be able to just grab the dogs, some clothes and a bit of food whenever. It's only a 1/2 hour away. I have a popup at the site. There is a website called popupgizmos.com that will teach you everything you wanted to know about popup camping. After 15 years of tent camping, it is nice to sleep on beds, have a sink to wash dishes in and have enough room for my dog in the car

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have VERY FOND childhood memories of seasonal 'camping'. When we were 5 and 6 years old it was camping in a pop-up camper, but as we grew older, Mom and Dad upgraded to a travel trailer and we had microwave, full size refrigerator/freezer in the add-on tent room, TV (though not cable) and it wasn't the traditional camping anymore. We would set everything up in mid May and do weekends until school was out for summer, then we'd spend all summer there and Dad would commute to work (it was actually closer to his work from the campground than home!!). We'd take one or two weeks and an occasional special weekend and travel with the travel trailer during Dad's vacation. When school started in the fall, we only be there for weekends again. As a kid, I was always 'jealous' of all the kids that would go to Florida for spring break and stuff (we lived in Michigan). But now looking back, I wouldn't trade any of the memories for all the money in the world. Not only that, but I know we spent less on a season of camping than they spent on a week in hotels in Florida.