OMG!!!! I"m in shock!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default OMG!!!! I"m in shock!

Dh and I just purchased a new(to us) RV!!

We don't pick iit up until next friday, they are going through safety, checking gas lines, coolant lines, water lines, septic lines. I'm shaking. We were looking and i"d set a budget, but it was way low. We're WAY OVER budget! BUT, that said, we do have the overage coming in the next few weeks. So I'll actually pay it off in entirety by July.

I have been fighting this purchase for 4 years. OUr current trailer(1977) we got in barter, did a little work on it and have been using it 8 years. It'll sell for minimum 3K. The old trailer is 18 feet, 2 tables that fold into beds, and 2 fould out bunks. Tiny bathroom, but has a small bath and shower, toilet. (with 4 kids this is important).

The New(2001), is 26 ft. So a whole 8 feet MORE(doesn't sound like much, but in RV land it is).Fromt room with double/queen bed. closes with a curtain(no more sleeping in a super single sized bed..lol). There is wall to wall over head storage in the bedroom plus a little closet and drawers. There is a davenport couch(bed for ds14 at night if he decides to not tent it...crazy kid). in front of the davenport is the kitchen sink, there is aleaf that folds up, could be used at feeding time or as counter space. The dinette will seat 4, not ideal, but in rv world, that's reality, it folds down and sleeps 2 if needed. The davenport seats 3, so nohting a couple tv trays won't cure. The fridge i HUGE compared to the 1977. The bathroom is at the back, the tub is DOUBLE the size of the old one. I thought it quirky but realized it's a good idea, the sink isn't in the bathroom, so some one can be using the washroom, the next brushing their teeth, no interference. Next to the bathroom are the bunks. They are currently 2 singles, but upon examination, and having seen a gazillion travel trailers, we'll convert to either Jack and Jill or 2 double bunks. the kids bring friends sometimes, so that extra 2 spaces will be great for then. Otherwise, the little one will double up with dd11 for a 'sleepover', and dd9 can have the top bunk. So this will give us 6 permanent sleep spaces no settin gup and down, no grumpy dh forced to get up so some one can have breakfast. There is also a built in cd player/am/fm and speakers. A cabinette over the dinette and an opening for a small tv. A/C, forced air furnace. We got an excellent price for it. More than I wanted to spend. but since we reviewed our finances with a fine tooth comb and can pay it off within 3 months, I'm ok with that. It extends out debt free date by 1 to 2 months.

I had hoped we could wait, but dh was getting really grumpy, while he's now on board with paying the debt off asap, he's selling his van for a smaller less comfortable (for a tall man) car that is far more fuel efficient to save nearly$200/mo on gas. I made a concessiong here. The fact is if we use it for 3-5 years, we can likely sell it for what we paid for it, if not more, we got a WICKED deal. We camp extensively(every weekend plus up to 3 weeks solid) from May - September. We figured it would make for great times.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow, how cool!! I would love to have one some day. I told my dh we could sell the house and live in an RV and see the country. Congrats to ya!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Congrats!!!

There are days we seriously consider a trailer or RV. The Old Man and I are okay with the RV life... DD on the other hand would have a hard time adjusting.

Some of my best memories are the summers I spent in my Grampa's RV.

Happy Memories!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OH, here are some pics of our "other" home.

Not our boat, this is at the dealer

Front Bedroom

Overhead storage above bed

More storage in bedroom. under bed is big storage area as well

Dinette, over head storage and tv. cabinet. Drawer under one bench. Lift up bench and more storage there.

Kitchen storage and some of the kitchen..lol

Davenport couch/bed

Bunks and storage...this is being changed to double bunks and the storage will be a little different.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Very nice. We would love to have an RV someday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's really nice, I too wish DH and I will get one some day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Very nice TT! We have a pop up and have always planned to someday go the TT route. Congratulations!

--Michelle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is very nice congrat`s.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is a great TT. I love the set up, it is so functional. You have lots of great space in it. Congratulations on your new home away from home .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This is something long term. We also made sure it was light enough that a vehicle of our choice could pull it(as in not a 3/4 tonne truck). It's layout is sufficient for the growing kids, could accomodate friends if the kids have a sleep over. Now when the kids no longer camp with us... it would still be fine. As the bunks are double, they could come as adults, or if we decide to keep this one for longer, even potentially bring grandkids with. I know ds is only turning 14... but 6 years flies, and we have all been young families. Soit's a possibility. Don't want to exclude them..lol.

But who knows. Good chance we sell it in 3 years and upgrade again, if everything is still going well,a nd all the bills are non existent. And even if we can't upgrade, it'll do us well for many years, until the bed becomes too awkward for someone to move around to.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How fun!! Congrats on the new RV!! We have a little ultra lite travel trailer that we have taken everywhere!! We love it, wish it was a little bit bigger but we love it and love camping!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WOW You lucky duck!!! We love camping... Have a good time in your new travel home!!!!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congrats and enjoy!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congratulations! You are going to have so much fun!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love to camp, but we haven't been able to go in years. One of these days I am going to break down & buy a travel trailer...who knows maybe this year will be it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast