Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any CANUCKS?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Any CANUCKS?

Hi from Ontario, SAHM to 4 boys

anyone here ?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes, there are a few of us here. Lets see, I'm from Manitoba. We have a few from B.C., Alberta, Ont. & Quebec that I can remember.

Welcome to the village.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi from British Columbia! How's is goin' eh?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am in Calgary....

new to this site.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi from Kamloops in BC, and welcome!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi there! I'm Nancy.

Originally from Ontario ... moved to the US 8 years ago when DH got relocated with his company.

Happy Canada Day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi! I'm from Quebec. I'm Lucie and a sahm of also, 4 boys.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi! I've lived in Whitehorse, Yukon for the last twenty years. It is currently -20 C here; how is everyone doing?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not from Canada, but I'm complaning about our weather here in MI and it's 40 degrees with the wind blowing and it's -20 where your at? I would die!! I told my girls just two days ago that once Rebecca graduates from high school (seven more years ) I'm out of MI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The older I get the more I can't stand any kind of cold weather. I want to move somewhere where it is warm!!!!!!! My hands and feet crack, my face gets so flaky where it feels as if my face is falling off. Any gloves I wear make my hands crack even worse. Have eczema. I can't park close enough to my door when I get home to get in the house quicker. How do you ladies stay warm? How high is your electric bill if you don't mind me asking. Oh, you are all saints being able to handle this type of weather. I am not trying to be mean about living in Canada I just can't take cold weather! Now I feel like a baby complaning about our weather. Where about is Whitehorse, Yukon? Also, when does your summer and winter begin. Just curious. Thank you Renee

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Don't forget we use the metric system here! My g/f was from way up North called Fort Nelson and she said sometimes it was -30 but it wasn't as bad as people think as it isn't as damp as it is where I live.

Also, where I live it really doesn't get that cold even though I am in Canada. Where I live the weather is a lot like Seattle. There is a lot of rain but hardly any snow really. Perhaps a couple of weeks a year we get snow.

Now where Homesteadmamma and Queenie live on the prairies they get a lot of snow. They even plug their cars in when they park !

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi!

I'm from Ontario too. Also a sahm sort of

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm on the edge of the prairies and the edge of the foothills. we get chinooks here.

now those can be great but also pretty nasty (the barometric pressure goes all wonky and migrane city!!).

The differences in metric/imperial definitely throws you off a bit. but I know that -40 is -40 in both.

Our winter here sometimes starts in sept, this year was a bit late. pretty mild so far and not much snow.

It usually lasts until mid march. with one huge snow in march or early april.

it is about time to drag out the extension cords to plug in my van too. but sinceI stay home with the kids... my dh has his car plugged in tonight.

jan and feb are the worst.

my electric bill isn't too bad, we have a wood stove that we keep rocking all the time.

skin problems and such....I use a ton of lotion (since I sell AVON i have a good supply of everything!), and lip balms. humidifiers in each end of the house, and I do a lot of baking.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

May I ask what you ladies mean by plugging in your car? Sorry to sound silly, does that mean you keep it warm during the nite so it doesnt totally freeze up and you cannot drive it?? I am from the east coast and i remember some pretty cold winters but didnt know anyone to do that?? Its pretty cold here in southern cali tonite well by our standards of cold, that is..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

plugging in the car actually means plugging in the battery so that the cold does not drain it's power. That way it is well charged to crank the engine the next day. Rather than taking the battery out of the car (not recommended) our cars have a block heater installed. The plug usually comes out the grill and then can be plugged in by an extension cord to an outdoor electrical outlet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, I see. Thanks for explaining that! Now i understand!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast