Canadians! - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Canadians!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Born in Saskatoon but raised in Brampton, Ontario. I also lived in the Eastern Townships in Quebec for several years. I'm back in the GTA now, in the Caledon region.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mommy4ever View Post
    Born in Elk Point, Alberta, grew up in Northern AB, now live in Central AB. Can't really imagine being anywhere else. Sure I might gripe, but in the end, this is home and where we want to be.
    Hi there! I'm a central alberta gal as well!! Lovely cold weather we've been having eh?

Registered User sophirlipopette's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey everyone,
    I'm originally from Trois-Rivieres, in Quebec (right between Montreal and Quebec city) but usually say I'm from Montreal since I moved there for college and made it my home. My boyfriend and I moved to The Netherlands for a couple of years and now I'm in the process of being a US resident (as my Hubby-to-be is American). So right now I am sort of in between Montreal and a tiny village up in western NY.

Glad to see all the support available to go against the "not-seeing-the-difference-between-needing-and-wanting-stuff" trend of society. Keep it up people!
    Last edited by sophirlipopette; 12-17-2008 at 01:10 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

hi born and raised in bc moved to alberta 1974 for just a couple of years so my ex husband said i am still here so i guess i am an albertan and yes its been cold lately i live in a really small town in central east alberta

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

what part of b.c groundhog? i'm in Kelowna

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I guess I might probably be considered a since I don't post very often. I'm in New Brunswick, close to Fredericton. Country girl though. Lived in different parts of Nova Scotia for a few years (hubby is from Halifax) and liked it well enough but as Dorothy says " there's no place like home".

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in Southern Ontario born and raised here - never lived anywhere different. I love visiting to Northern Ontario for vacations - all of you that live up there are so lucky!! It's so beautiful!!
    Last edited by Wendy99; 12-30-2008 at 11:01 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I'm an ex-Albertan as well. I hated the lllooonnnggg winters there but love the nature. It's beautiful there but too cold for me!!! (Not that Holland is any better lately)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Manitoban here. And it's really freaking cold here today lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi all!

I'm in south western Ontario-Sarnia to be exact! New and trying to figure out this site as well as my financial mess!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default New in Ontario

Hello all!

I'm in Sarnia Ontario (southwest). I'm new and trying to navigate this site which I'm sure is terrific once I figure it out! Any suggestions?

Shelley

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Where does everyone get these change jar thingys and such?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm from around the Toronto area, well in a little town about 2 hours from there. I would love to live in a different province though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I see there are a few of us from BC. I discovered Powell River in 2000 and immediately fell in love with the area. At the time I was living in LA (yes, that big city way south of the border) and knew it wouldn't be easy to make the change, but after closing out my career and waiting two years, I became a permanent resident and moved to live in Powell River full time. I live most of the year in a float cabin on Powell Lake. My husband and I love the off the grid experience, especially after living in a huge city all of our life. The people here are great and the outdoors experiences are limitless. It's good to connect with all of you. - Margy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Another Albertan!?

Yes, another Albertan! Born and raised in northern Alberta, about 1 hr from Grande Prairie. After High School I moved to GP and have been here ever since. DH is sick of snow and trying to convince me to move to Los Angeles, where he worked about 10 years ago. But I don't know - I really like it here. Sure it gets cold, but I think its worth it.

I've travelled a bit (hiked Chilkoot Trail in Alaska, been in New York State, just across the border) and have been in almost every province and territory. But there is just something about Alberta. When I took a VIA Rail trip from Edmonton, Alberta to Brandon, Manitoba, all my friends thought I was crazy because I could tell when we had crossed into another province, just by smelling the air, but low and behold, I was right!

My dad's side of the family is all around the Montreal, some in St. Anicet, some in Huntingdon, some in Valleyfield, some in the city. My parents go almost every summer and I'd like to go this year, too - I really miss it, and them, too!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast