Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: make your own caramel popcorn
09-24-2005, 01:51 PM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2002
- central midwest
- Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
- Blog Entries
- Rep Power
make your own caramel popcorn
This recipe for caramel popcorn is easy to make and tastes really delicious. It makes a great present!
What you need:
8 cups popped, unbuttered popcorn
1/2 cup peanuts + raisons (optional)
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup
What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Pop popcorn and measure peanuts and/or raisins. Remove any unpopped kernels.
3. In a small pot put butter, brown sugar and corn syrup, add a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes. Be sure to stir continually!
4. Remove pot from heat and pour liquid over popcorn and peanuts and/or raisons.
5. Mix until popcorn, peanuts and/or raisins are well coated.
6. Spray a cookie sheet or shallow roasting pan with non-stick cooking spay.
7. Scoop popcorn onto baking dish and bake for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
8. Once baked, stir popcorn and caramel together until coated and cooled.
9. Store in an airtight container.
10. Gift idea: package in pretty plastic bags or gift boxes lined with wax paper and give as gifts.
By Sara Noel in forum Candy makingReplies: 7Last Post: 12-02-2005, 02:39 PM
By Sara Noel in forum Kitchen BasicsReplies: 0Last Post: 11-18-2004, 01:34 AM
By Sara Noel in forum Candy makingReplies: 10Last Post: 10-31-2004, 03:33 PM
By Sara Noel in forum Candy makingReplies: 4Last Post: 12-09-2003, 10:10 AM
By Sara Noel in forum Gifts In A JarReplies: 3Last Post: 12-04-2002, 01:45 AM