career downgrade - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would be more proactive in your job search. I would network. Drop off resumes in person, then do follow up calls. Call all the nurses you know working in other places and see if they know of any job openings. Call companies like hospice, home health care, doctors' offices. Cast your net wide.

I don't know where you live but our nursing program has a 100% placement rate and these are mostly students without prior nursing experience, except maybe CNA and a few LPNs, EMTs and medics.

Contact your college placement center (no matter where you went to school) and ask for suggestions. Make sure your resume isn't screaming "overqualified." You can do this in your cover letter and career objective section of the resume.

Best wishes.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would be cautious of planning on FMLA. It could be different in your state, but here I don't think it can be used for the birth of a grandchild. At any rate, once you check it out, you will know for sure. Good luck with your job search.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm all for the downgrade. I've been planning to retire when my first grandchild is born. I've been saving like a mad person so I can accomplish this. I hope you can find a less demanding job. Good luck

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm all for the downgrade as well. I'm doing it myself. I'll be living on 60% of what I make now and that'll be less than I get at retirement in 3 years so it'll feel like I'm getting a raise when I retire.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not so long ago, I was improving my level of knowledge in programming and decided to take courses that my friend, who is an expert in writing and designing software and local network administration, advised me to take. He told me about Cisco Certification and its advantages. I actually realized that this is the work of our future and decided to take these courses and was very grateful to them, as I was immediately accepted as a Manager in a new company. I don't even have a College degree, but I'm already earning more than my entire family.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12