i always Rush to work & arrive Late
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default i always Rush to work & arrive Late

i always rush to work and arrive late. i want to change this. i begin by preparing the night before. sometimes i get sidetracked during morning rush. but i am dedicated to change this.
    because of rushing, i often forget things, and skip breakfast. today i want to stop this habit. i've prepared the night before & had enough sleep 7 hours.
    anyone here face the same challenge? let's support each other & share methods.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

IMO 7 hours is not enough sleep. It's part of the reason you forget things.

Also be sure to get protein at breakfast, not just carbs like cereal and juice. Your brain needs the amino acids in protein in order for it to feel awake and alert.

Good luck with your planning!
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck, lyra! You are on the right track...adequate sleep and night before prep sounds perfect!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

contrary housewife
    thanks for the feedback, i think i have to increase my sleep hours to 8-9 hours per night for better focus & alertness. this means i have to be asleep the latest at 10evening.

hiraeth,
    thank you for the encouragement and let's keep this up.
    i will post regularly because i am determined to stay commited in changing my life

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I also need 8 to 9 hours of sleep a night and I have everything prepped the night before for the morning. I have to. It is the only way I don't forget anything, get to work on time and don't feel rushed. Good luck! It has taken me a while to get into a system that works but I found one!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

good luck with this, changing routines is hard, but well worth it in the end.

Try making your lunch and breakfast ahead of time. I find hard boiled eggs to be a good on the run breakfast or even things like protien shakes, scrambled egg cups, ham and cheese rollups or even a handful of nuts.

If you are having a hard time making a transitiion to an earlier bed time, how about trying to go to bed 15 minutes earlier than you normally do for a week. Then add another 15 minutes each week until you get to your 10 pm bed time. Perhaps that might help you transition to get the required sleep you need without feeling deprived of time?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

lyra, you don't say if you have other people to get "up and out", or if it's just yourself. I guess it's just you. In this house, it's just me and I don't have to get myself anywhere on time every day - just two or three times a week.

So I am strict with myself; the evening before, I prepare and load the "launch pad" (term from FlyLady), which in my case is either the bench in the front hall, if that's the way I'll be leaving OR - I load the van with most everything I'm going to need and stack the last-minute stuff on the kitchen counter, near the kitchen door I'll be leaving from. Oh yes - WITH A LIST.

You'll gather I have very strange "working" habits! Yes, some days I'm working in the outdoors - national park patrols, forestry work, outdoor-education centre instruction: other days I'm a student.

Because there isn't really a routine, because my days vary, I would really not cope if I didn't do this "prepare and load" the evening before. And hard though it is, I even do it the evening before if/when I get home really late: it's the only way to survive.

Alarm clock set two hours before I need to go out of the house: wake at X - breakfast, gently; X+1 - shower, dress, feed the cats - gently; X+2 - leave in no panic.

Best of luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went through this pain a few years ago when I moved in with my husband. He's a morning person and I am NOT. Write down everything you need to do in the morning to get ready for work, and I mean EVERYTHING!!! I had a very thorough list and then I went through it to see what I could move to the evenings or another time of the day. My husband used to get up and get on the stationary bike for 30 mins every morning. Well, that had to be moved to the afternoon after his work out. We just simply didn't have time for that. It was replaced with make love to wife since he was now married and had responsibilities!

Also, don't forget to adjust other chores to align with your new morning routine. When we do laundry, we keep gym clothes downstairs in the laundry room so that we can just grab the next day's clothes when we put the dirty ones in the hamper. It cut down on our evening prep work. When you make dinner, package up your lunches at the same time.

Just like budgeting, you need to write down everything and figure out which activities tend to not get done or take up too much time.

good luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

debbie-cat,MTS04,Toffeekit, Giro
    wow thanks for the tips and advice
    you all make me so motivated this evening, although i'm super tired, i took my shower in the evening, prepared my outfit for tomorrow, my lunch, my vitamins, tidy my purse and also prepared the accesories i will wear tomorrow
    wow also will sleep early this evening to clock in my 8 hours
    i'm so happy! this thread is so motivating.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

toffeekit
    yes i'm all by myself. i don't have to prepare anyone yet..haha. i will try your methods they are very helpful
    Giro,
    yes i agree with you. handling time is similar to handling a budget. i have to work on this. i used to be a slacker but i want to change it all to have more calm mornings & better peace of mind

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My DD has ADD and has always struggled w/ this.
    We kept a list of things to have done and leave w/ taped beside the front door.
    Also she sets her phone for various time limits and also lays out clothes and makes lunches and such.
    She is working for the first time ever and is doing better w/ organizing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll just add a bit of advice. If you require 8-9 hours sleep (I do) make sure to keep the schedule throughout the days you don't work as well. Same time to bed, same time up. It will make it easier and is much healthier.

You really need to have a balanced breakfast with protein, carbs, and healthy fat PLUS plenty of water. Don't skip breakfast...build it into your schedule. Good luck.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

cpa kim
    thanks for the wonderful tips
    these past 2 days i was rushing to work because i slept late & didn't do any preparation the night before
    now i'm back on track again

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by CPA-Kim View Post

You really need to have a balanced breakfast with protein, carbs, and healthy fat PLUS plenty of water. Don't skip breakfast...build it into your schedule. Good luck.
    Perfect advice, so important, especially hydration.

Personally I cannot function in the morning for at least 25 mins or so. I literally stagger out of bed, straight to putting the coffee pot on (I usually do something amusing like put the kettle in the fridge or something) and then wander outside onto the terrace and try and wake up. But I'm not really awake until I've had most of my 1st mug of coffee and a shower. So it's really just a matter of creating enough time in the morning to get through your routine and get out of the door feeling prepared for the day.

Kim's advice on routine is just so on the nail.