What kind of Specials do You like to see in a Hair Salon?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default What kind of Specials do You like to see in a Hair Salon?

I am looking for ideas to offer my clients in my Hair Salon. I was wondering what kind of Specials do you all like? I can give hair color specials to include the haircut/blowdry on my slow days which are usually Tuesday and Wednesdays.....Perms are another great idea for Specials as well as discounts on haircuts. I am thinking of having a monthly draw for a product.....Does anyone else have any ideas? Maybe something a Salon did that really caught your attention? I feel like I am missing something.....Thanks in Advance

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like having the opportunity to buy a prepaid gift card at a discount for services. I'd pay for my January haircut now if I can get 20% off.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Free haircut for bringing in a new customer.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Penneys here does a percentage off after so many visits. I think it's a decent percentage. Don't know how much because I don't go often enough to mess with it...maybe twice a year...maybe. I always have them put it on the kids. I think the % off can be on anything.

Do you do nails? With holidays coming up that might be a venue. Either new or filling in. I do my own when they're done but I know it's a big deal here.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

To be honest, I don't really look for "specials". I look for quality, service and convenience. When I schedule a cut for 2pm, I expect to walk in a little before 2 and either not wait, or maybe have a short wait while the previous customer gets her blow dry finished. I do not want to wait an hour because someone mismanaged her time earlier in the day and is now behind.

My husband works during the week. He cannot come in between 9am and 6pm for an office-appropriate haircut. So we either have to have a Saturday or an evening appt for him.

I hate places that say "you don't need an appt, just walk in". The last time someone told DH that, he showed up to find a two hour wait list.

I'm frugal. When I go for a haircut, all I want is a cut. I usually wash it at home right before I go. I *never* use a blowdryer. Something like a wash/cut/blowdry special wouldn't appeal, but a discount for a basic cut would.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am with CH! I want my appointment to be on time. I have a great gal now who takes good care of me. I once was going to a woman who talked me into color. I finally agreed. I explained to her how far away I worked ( 40 min drive). I had to rush out of work & drive like a mad woman to get there on time only to find THE HAIR DRESSER herself was having color done because she was bored. She told me to go run some errands & come back in a half hour. I was furious!! I left without too much ado, then I called in a half hour & told her I got so tied up with my errands that I didn 't have time to come back. I did not want to burn my bridges with the salon at that moment, though I found a new place shortly after that.
    The one "special" I used to go for was a punch card loyalty card. After a certain # of punches you got a free bottle of shampoo. That appealed to the frugal side of me that rarely bought salon products.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If you are looking to fill your slow days maybe do specials specifically on those days. I would do "family specials" those days for haircuts.....the more immediate family members booked back to back the bigger the percentage off per haircut. I know myself I can do..say... a family of 3 who all show up together for haircuts at the same time in the same amount of time as 2 people scheduled separate.....and time is money! I would do specials for services that basically don't cost me anything.....haircuts as opposed to perms or colors where I have to buy chemical products.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

There are some pretty good ideas here. Some of the ideas here I already do but it is so nice to read what others have seen or really like to see at a Hair Salon. I was thinking of maybe doing a draw each month for a product starting in January. Right now we have a Christmas Basket to be drawn on December the 5th valued at $300. The two girls renting chairs from me have a full time clientele but they have been here for 20 years plus doing hair. I had moved away for 20 years then came back 5 years ago. I was building a pretty good clientele when I worked at the mall here but I decided to leave there as I didn't really like a couple of things that were going on with a couple of the staff. The next salon where I rented a chair would not let me take any walk-ins as they said that there were not enough for 3 stylists so I did the few clients in which I could contact to let them know that I had changed Salons. ( The shop at the mall told my clients that they did not know where I had gone to, which of course they did, so my clients thought that I had moved away again and I did not have many of my clients phone numbers to contact them.) Anyhow, I had a small building renovated behind our house in town which is now my Salon and I am enjoying it so much. Thanks to All for your Great Ideas