Work Harder at Home or at Work
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Work Harder at Home or at Work

For those who work outside of the home - Do you think you actually work harder when you are at home or when you are at work?

I know I work harder at home! There is always something to be done and I am never really caught up. If I finish one thing, there is another just waiting - such as laundry or dishes! Now at the office, I'm actually able to get stuff finished and filed. I work for an architect as an administrative assistant and have been at the same company for 18 years. I've worked part-time for about 3 years now due to our economy being in a rut in this area. I tend to work 8:30 - 2:30, M-F so that I can pick up dd from school but I can switch it around a bit if I have to.

Now at home, I work 24 hours a day, 8 days a week. LOL

I hate it the most when I walk thru the front door and see the mess just waiting for me at home. I especially hate it when SO goes to the grocery store and leaves all the nonperishable food and stuff just sitting on the counter for me to put up. I've complained about that to the point that he's beginning to put some of it up at least.

Okay so what about you - harder at work or harder at home? Which do you feel the most appreciated at as well? For me, it's the office - they have no idea how to do my job and they know it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pat - I couldn't agree more!!

When I worked outside of the home, at least I had the satisfaction of seeing my inbox emptied every so often! Now that I'm fulltime mom & homemaker, I can't even find my inbox!!

I'm the designated taxi-driver, chef, seamstress, laundress, proofreader, study partner, homeschooler, hug-giver (one of my favorites!), maid, and so on......

And although this job offers no scheduled shifts, the benfits are out of this world & I really wouldn't have it any other way!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I definately work harder at home and I'm appreciated at work because only a couple other people can do my job but still not as good as me

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh I work harder at home, for sure. You're right Pat, the work is never done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Definitley harder at home. And I hate coming in at night and finding a mess! Like there's a housekeeping fairy who comes along and magically wisks it all away! Grrr!
    At work, there is a definite end to my job. And the faster I do it, the more time I have to do nothing. Like right now!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I too worked harder at home when I worked outside the home. Now like Debbie said, I have 50 million job titles, and the only benifits are the hugs and kisses and the occasional Thank you or good job! But. it's all worth it, knowing that I am home at any given time that Daniel needs me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

it's about the same for me whether at home or at work. i work in retail and tehre is a lot of physical activity when putting out shippment and straightening up at night.
    though my new job isn't as mentally taxing nor as draining as my old one, but it is a bit more psyically exhausting. i have taller ladders to climb.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would be hard pressed to answer that question. I am a sahm by day, I get up and cook breakfast for my 16 yo dson and I provide daycare for my two dgrandchildren ages 3 mos and almost 2 years old. Two nights a week, I am the janitor at a church. They're both labors of love, so that helps a lot.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I guess I'll break the trend - I work harder at work. It is much more stressful, I have to deal with angry customers who all want stuff now, and I only have 8 hours in the day - I usually stay late just to keep up, although Fridays I make sure that I leave at 5pm. Ever since I found Flylady, my house seems to take care of itself - although maybe part of my opinion is because I have no kids.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When my kids were young it was harder working at home, but I must qualify that by saying that apart from cooking, my DH helped me every step along the way.

When I started my own business, it was much harder at work. Mainly because the work was non stop but also because I could afford to pay someone to do my housework for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I work harder at work. We do not get to take breaks at ALL. Even when working an 8 or 9 hour shift. We are not allowed to sit down, we can eat while standing, but must still do our jobs at the same time. If I had to work five days a week, I don't think I could do it. I work Thursday, Friday and Saturday only. I am a full-time homeschooling mama.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Since starting my own business, I work in both places! What fun!

Actually, I do most of my real work at home because my business is my passion. My day job is just something that I have right now for income purposes. Hoping to narrow it down to just one job in the near future. We'll see. So I definitely work harder when I'm at home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I work harder at home. I hate coming home to a mess and feeling like I can never get caught up. We spend lots of time outside of our home on classes, music lessons, band practice, volunteer work, etc. and then we still have our schoolwork here at home to do also. There are simply not enough hours in the day to get everything done.