Staub cast enamel bottom cracking
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Staub cast enamel bottom cracking

Hi, new to cast enamel and bought my first Staub 10" and 11.5" fry pans.

After using for about two months now I was cleaning today and the bottom is fracturing from the edges in. Like someone took a saw and cut lines. I assume this is a warranty defect since this is brand new but wanted to know if you have seen this failure.

Here is how I have cared for the pan. Heat to medium cook or increase heat a little for better searing. Once done cooking I let it sit overnight to cool down then in the morning I rinse out with hot water
    then use dawn soap and a sponge with the green scrubbing side to clean the interior. I use the yellow part to wipe the outside and then rinse.

Towel dry and store.

I am on a glass top stove (soon to be gas in about a month, excited) but the bottom is just fracturing.
    The smaller pan I bought a month earlier (exact same pan and color) is fine.

Did I do something wrong or is this a defect you have seen? See pic

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Staub cast enamel bottom cracking-staub-bottom-full-size-.jpg  

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Never heard of it, and I have no experience with enameled iron, but I would contact the manufacturer especially if the warranty is still good.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH