Raw chocolate Revelation and my Favorite Chocolate Fudge Ball Recipe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Raw chocolate Revelation and my Favorite Chocolate Fudge Ball Recipe

Since I eat mostly a raw food diet, I am always on the lookout for uncooked recipes. While I still enjoy an occasional cooked food meal whenever we have company or to be socially graceful, raw food does make up the greatest part of my eating habits. One of my favorite things to eat whenever I get a craving for chocolate are Chocolate fudge balls. one would never dream that the base of this recipe is nuts! So here is the recipe and following is a good article on the many benefits of consuming raw cocao and also the superfood Goji berries. Enjoy:-)

RAW CHOCOLATE FUDGE BALLS

A blender or food processor with a chopping blade is required.

1 cup raw sunflower seeds
    1/2 cup raw almonds
    1/3 cup raw agave nectar
    4-5 tablespoons of raw cocao powder
    pinch of celtic sea salt
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    A couple drops of peppermint oil (optional)
    a small bowl of dehydrated finely shreeded coconut

In blender, chop nuts

Place in bowl and add agave nectar, cocao powder, sea salt and cinnamon and peppermint oil.

Stir by hand and form into one inch balls.

roll in coconut and place in sealed container in fridge to store.

These little delights are loaded with amino acids and minerals:-) And the agave is very low on the glycemic index. I send them to college with DD since she is a vegeterian and CMU really does not cater to vegeterian or vegan diet.

http://www.news24.com/Regional_Paper...8776~E,00.html

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OOH , that looks yummy! I wish I ate more raw, it takes alot of self control and extra thought into what you eat! Good for you! I will make this, I have all of these ingredients!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by lunarstar9 View Post
    OOH , that looks yummy! I wish I ate more raw, it takes alot of self control and extra thought into what you eat! Good for you! I will make this, I have all of these ingredients!

Hi there lunarstar9,

When you do make these I hope that you enjoy them as much as our family does. When I first started eating raw I did have a rather hard time with self control . It helped by joining and online raw support group, going through Victoria Boutenko's 12 step program to end my dependency to cooked food and also by going to a local raw food potluck/support group once a month. Dh and the dd's still eat at least 50% of their food cooked and that is their choice......what they are comfortable with. But they have noticed the health benefits of consuming more raw. It has also cut down on our monthly food bill because we really are consuming less food because our cells are actually absorbing more nutrients from eating raw. There is alot of good information and support online if anyone is interested in learning more about this lifestyle.

Lynn