Do you go to Boxing Day or day after Christmas sales?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question Do you go to Boxing Day or day after Christmas sales?

Its called Boxing Day in Canada but I'm not sure what you call it in the States.

The day after Christmas do you go to the sales or do you wait until later in the week or not at all?

I stay away from Boxing Day sales because here everyone is nuts on that day. There isn't a civil person around usually and I can't stand large crowds. I always wait until a week or so later.

How about you?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I go to Target right when they open to buy wrapping paper, Christmas cards, etc. This year I'll be checking out the toys too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't as our whole family is usually here. We stay in and hibernate, no matter what the weather is like. It's a wonderful time for us. Have to admit that I DO wonder what I'm missing out on though!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not me, I hate shopping any time of the year, but during the holiday's is even worse!

I even told dh the other day when I came home from shopping, that if I ever say I'm going shopping again on a Saturday between now and Christmas he is to say to me "What, are you nuts!" I was 3 deep in the check out line in Walmart and it took a little boy 25 minutes to count out his change to pay for his purchase! Never again!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

it is called the day after christmas here. No i usually don't have the energy to go out that day, so it is usually after the new year i start shopping the sales.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hate those kind of sales !!!!! I stay home !!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I go to Target also, for the wrapping paper and cards- great deals that day!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I might venture to Target or Hallmark after dh gets home from work. I never go out the day after Christmas alone with ds - there's just too much chaos in the stores.

For all the other stores I wait until a few days later.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh and I go, just the 2 of us. I get cards and paper and such. Dh gets an ornament or 2. We would never bring the kids though. Those crowds are crazy!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wait. I hate crowds, plus stuff gets marked even lower later in the week.
    One year DH bought me a Snowden from Target, and for it for under $3. I had wanted 1 but refused to pay the original price, it play 3 carols and I love it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wait, as I get older I find myself really disliking crowds. Besides the wrapping paper,cards and stuff I buy bunches of holiday paper goods. I'm still working on paper towels bought 2 yrs. ago. Sure is fun using reindeer & santa napkins in July.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I go sometimes..... but I always go the the after Thanksgiving day sales....its like a yearly ritual for me!! I love it.....gettin up at 4am....being the first in the doors to get the deals....my sis and mom usually go and we make a day of it....by shopping and having lunch!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They call it Black Friday. Yes, I do go. I guess I am one of those crazy people that love to see what they can get.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I saw this thread and finally found out what Boxing Day is!!! I have wondered that for a long time!

No, I never go out to after Christmas sales. I don't go to the "First shopping day (or week) of the holiday season" either. Can't stand the crowds. I like to wait and find deals later on and see what has been marked down even more.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If we're not in Canada for my DH's side of the family Christmas gathering on Boxing Day, I'm home here in NJ "boxing" up my Christmas decorations! Grinchy I know. I never go near the stores on Boxing Day. I did do a *day after Thanksgiving Day sale* the first year we moved to the US. OMGosh it was fun, but a little too wild for me. I'm usually finished my Christmas shopping well before Thanksgiving anyway so I don't think there's enough incentive for me to put myself through that every year!

I had to laugh at Heaven's line - "it's called the day after Christmas here" - I've had to explain Boxing Day so many times since moving here from Canada. My kids grew up thinking it was called that because it was - yep, "the day mom boxes up the Christmas decorations." I'm not really a bah-humbug, I love Christmas, but by Boxing Day it all gets put away except for the door wreaths.