34 more days 'til Christmas, are you ready?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default 34 more days 'til Christmas, are you ready?

When I looked at the calendar, yet again for the 40th time this weekend, plotting the bills, I felt a slap in the face, 34 more days until Christmas! How are you doing for the holidays this year, have you started, planning on starting soon, almost there or already done?

I am one of those people who buy throughout the year, everything is in random bags throughout the closet and bedroom. I got in there today to survey how I am doing, and how the heck will we get everything accomplished by Christmas Eve. So I was a little depressed that there is still a lot to accomplish! It's coming to an end pretty soon (I hope!). I am a person that writes a list at the very end of my Christmas shopping of things I need to do! Here is what I have left!

Return 2 shirts for BIL's present- getting back $12.78
    With $12.78 put towards a 3 pack itunes cards (3 gifts)
    DH needs $50 for 2 BIL's presents (both are getting a tool)
    gift is needed for DH
    gift is needed for Stepdad
    and finally pick up layaway with the rest of the girls presents.

It does not seem like too much, but money wise, it's scary! Thank goodness Christmas is 34 days away, it gives me plenty of time to scrape up even more money to finish these holidays well!

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have one more gift to buy and I am done. Unless we change plans completely like we did last year.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I'm getting there. Gathering up my supplies so I can make coasters. But also adding to the list of those who are getting coasters and etched glasses. So until I complete that list I won't buy the glasses. It won't amount to much, the glasses are only 19 cents each at Ikea. I have everything else for the coaster & glasses sets.

I started on the crocheted slippers. Since I already have the yarn it's just my time.

Still need to make the punched tin lanterns. Totally free, just gallon size tin cans and paint from the garage.

I need to buy a few bags of candy to make candy bouquet & gum ball machine for my Sister's kids. The rest of the supplies in the garage.

I need to crochet a scarf and a hat for the snow man kit I'm making for my Sister's kids.

I need to figure out what to make for FIL & BIL, probably buckeyes.

I need to print out paper dolls & toys for my Sister's kids. I'm making them each a book.

I have 5 makeup sets that I paid 50 cents a piece for the 5 women on my list. They also are getting crocheted slippers.

I have 4 deodorants for the guys on my list. I guess I'll be baking them something too.

I'll be baking something for our neighbor. They look out for us, he's a firefighter, put out our basement fire. Can't forget them.

I have 2 toy story sleeping mats I found after Christmas, and 2 remote control cars I got for $1 for my niece's boys.

Honestly, I'm not sure about my boys and my DH. I know I'm making both the boys slippers. I'll make them something they really like. DH will get buckeyes, DS1 will get mock girl scout cookies, DS2 will get no bake cookies. I'd like to get my oldest some socks, he really needs them. My youngest asked that if he gets nothing else he wants me to bake a homemade honey baked ham for Christmas dinner (can you tell he's all about his stomach) DH asked for a magnifier window so he can read the Bible easier.

Oh DANG! Totally forgot the Grandmothers. Hmmm...Well, I have glass vases, ribbon, extra ornaments to adorn, and the holly bushes outside. I think I'll make them each a holiday floral vase. The week before Christmas I'll run down to produce junction and pick up a $2 bouquet and use those in the arrangement.

Well, Double Dang! Forgot about my Father's grave. I guess I'll gather some pine branches from our trees, some holly from our bushes, add some ribbon from my stash, and make him a grave blanket.

I guess that's it for gifts. I can't think of anything anyone else.

Black Friday we'll be putting the tree up. I have a set of skates that I'm going to polish, add holly from our bushes, make a bow and hang from our door. Totally free, I've got everything.

Got house cleaning going on now. I guess I better plan a menu.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User monkeywrangler71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I haven't started, as usual.

I should try to get it done this week, if I don't get any work. Saturday is chocolate making day, then it's a flurry of parties every weekend until Christmas. Most people told me what they want, so it should be much less horrible this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

almost nothing bought
    no cards written or addressed

and I have no ideas for some people including my son.

I normally am the person that has the presents all wrapped sent and all cards written and sent on the day after Thanksgiving.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No,but I am hoping and praying it all comes together!
    God bless,
    Helen(grammea)

Registered User greekislandgirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're not doing gifts or cards this year but DH and I are hosting a Christmas party. It's going to be in early December, so I don't have 34 days to go until then!!! It's going to be a Tree Trimming party, that's why we'll do it so early (so we can enjoy the tree!). I have everything I need for the party, all I have to do is the cooking. I spent the weekend crafting (making ornaments), I'm not finished but I have enough that I could stop at any time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Um, I am kinda-sorta-not-really ready.

Not letting myself get into full-swing until after Thanksgiving.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OH No. still have to pick up shoes for one daughter and a a pair of pjs. a out fit and a mixer the other daughter , a set o f cookers for son. T-shirt and a visa card for for Hawaii son, gift for daughters boy friends. Gift for boss, 3 dog gifts, 2 best friend gifts,hubby gifts , grandma b day and Christmas gifts, and me. we are out a t least another $ 800 ouch. But all the bills are still being paid in full and on time....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

All done here. Just need to write a few cards. May pickup two $5 gifts if I can find something I like at Target. If not no big deal.

Purchased to soft stuffed toys at Dollar Tree. Planning on stuffing them with some cat nip for the kitty. Should be fun watching her wrestle with the little stuffed animal.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ive got 3 gift cards to buy, 1 birthday present for MIL and still stuck on gifts for DH but everyone else is sorted, even got a few little things for DS little baby friends.

I just need to write my cards out and put the decorations up come december

Can't wait

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just about done. What I have left to do:

Save back $25 cash for dd#3
    save back 10 $1 bills to put on the Christmas tree Christmas morning (family tradition....$1 for each child)
    buy a box of candy canes - also for the tree Christmas morning.
    Mail out my parents', aunt & uncle's & grandma's gifts (around dec.1)

I've gradually been wrapping presents since Nov.1, so I won't be so overwhelmed w/ it all at the last minute

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The tree and house are trimmed, most of the presents are wrapped and under the tree...all gifts are bought(with cash) and we are finished shopping...christmas cards went out today...all that is left is some baking.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

technically if i had no money to spend i would be done and have gifts for everyone in list hmm except pollyannas which we pick at thanksgiving .

but i have GC for the older kids i could use for pollyannas if i had to and extra gifts in gift box i am sure i could find good matches with .

but since i have some $$ put away i need to get oldest son something he has requested and possibly something for older dd too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No! I'm far from done which is unusual for me..I would be at least half way done with gift purchase's..I gave my middle son his present's already because he said he needed what I purchased for him now..which is The Rack (it's a workout thingy) a I-pod touch (he bought one with his own money from working last Nov but for some reason it stopped working..he never told me that it broke a few month's ago and I didn't even notice it .. he has been paying us (dh & I) xxx amount of money each week when he was working all summer including paying extra money to help buy our heating fuel to helpout in our household..he said the reason why he didn't say anything about it is because he didn't have the money to buy a new one and didn't want to ask us to buy him one..I felt so bad for him when he told me that I went into the bathroom and cried.. I know how much he LOVES this thing and it also help's him fall asleep everynight he's not a good sleeper...so that's why I gave it to him..I'm very proud of him! also bought a HUGE bottle of Dakkar cologne along with some much needed clothes..I will get him a few small item's for under our tree..My older son I bought some recorder thingy he wanted and need to order some other musical item also when I get more unemployment money next week..these are 100.00 each so I will add a few smaller present's to even it out between all my boy's..My youngest fella of coarse want's quite a bit of expensive big ticket things like Shot Gun to go hunting with (he goes hunting with my brother & nephew)..I don't like gun's but I'm glad that he know's how to hunt or protect us if a shtf situation happen's..I'm still thinking about whether I really think he should have his OWN GUN? I'm going to by him a I-pod touch also..not sure what else I'm going to buy him yet..I'm making homemade gift's for all the rest of my family & dh's family with the exception of my nephews I will buy for them because they don't have anybody (ie: no grandparent's alive except for my dad whom is pretty selfish w/his money) else but their parent's (whom are financially struggling) to buy for them...my kid's have my mil who loves to give them present's...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast