Christmas bought and paid for Average of $5 a person spent
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Christmas bought and paid for Average of $5 a person spent

Here are my totals Christmas presents for 37 people average of $5 each.

Hand made gifts with stuff on hand $0 cost just time
    shopping bags 14 bags for 12 people ( great grand parents and great aunts)

Post it note folder - just Little Miss's time for four teachers

Melted snowman ornaments - just Buddy's time - 8 teachers

Handmade that cost a bit for Supplies
    BIL and family snow paint kit and family fun recopies -$5

SIL and family ( with teenagers) bag of dozen chocolate spoons for stirring into coffee/hot chocolate -$1

MIL - two of the shopping bags, a mocha spice sugar scrub, bath salts, and a new nice soft washcloth bought on sale - $2

Bought gift

FIL - pistachios -$6

My mom who only get presents from us so I buy her a bunch
    two homemade shopping bags -$0
    a silver necklace on sale with coupon $3 ( retail $40)
    Two look new books from the library book sale $4 ( over$10 each new)
    A DVD with 10 movies on it for $5 (retail $14.99) This one https://www.echobridgeentertainment....ily_Pack_71479

My niece and nephew $20 cash each This is the agreed exchange amount with my SIL.

Our children

We ended up spending about twice as much on them as we normally do. One reason they have hit new developmental levels thus new stuff is needed. Two a bit of guilt. Little Miss and Buddy ask Santa for an X box 360 with Kinet. Little Miss really tugged at her Daddy's heart strings on this one. "Daddy do you think Santa will bring it?" then she adds with sincerity "I ask Santa for it because I know we can't afford it" So Hubby is feeling guilty that we can't afford it. So he wanted the Santa gift to be video games for the wii (we have a wii Buddy saved up and bought it for the family a while back) Hubby wanted Santa to have an excuse for not bringing the xbox with Kinet. He thought Santa should bring plenty of games so Santa is bringing three for the family. Hubby spent lots of time researching and found three that fit the family well and have great ratings.

Buddy is getting from us a movie that he wants to watch with Dad and a teenage approved shirt (sort of like a think geek t shirt)

Little Miss is getting books on grooming ( hair,skin, nails, spa, and inter beauty books from American Girl some bought used but new looking) This is so a need. also getting Finger nail polish bought on sale (hoping to stop the nail biting) and slippers ($2 after sale and coupon) and the barbie from Aldi's was going to be from Santa before Hubby decided Santa needed to bring family video games so he said make it from us

I think I did well
    Last edited by imagine; 12-08-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You did do well!! Congrats!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Imagine, check pawn shops for used game systems. Although they're hard to find at this time of year. You never know.

Also, half.ebay.com is a good place to buy used games. We rarely buy new games because they're easy to find for less. I picked up Zelda Twilight Princess for Wii at a pawn a while back when it was fairly new for $5.

You did great buying for so many!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    Imagine, check pawn shops for used game systems. Although they're hard to find at this time of year. You never know.

Also, half.ebay.com is a good place to buy used games. We rarely buy new games because they're easy to find for less. I picked up Zelda Twilight Princess for Wii at a pawn a while back when it was fairly new for $5.

You did great buying for so many!
    I'll keep that in mind for another year. I am finished shopping for this year.

I've never ventured into a pawn shop. It night be because the ones I have seen here have guns displayed in the window making me a bit nervous.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The guns are safely locked up, don't worry. Pawn shops are careful about stuff like that, and the police keep an eye on them, too.

We've always liked pawns for buying CDs, jewelry, and game stuff.

There are stores that sell secondhand games, too. Game Stop is one. They'll usually take trade-ins for games you don't want anymore. I traded in several games once when we were in Missouri and got about $9 each for them. I had paid .75 each at a rummage sale, so I felt good about the deal! It paid for most of the new game I wanted for my Nintendo DS.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    The guns are safely locked up, don't worry. Pawn shops are careful about stuff like that, and the police keep an eye on them, too.

We've always liked pawns for buying CDs, jewelry, and game stuff.

There are stores that sell secondhand games, too. Game Stop is one. They'll usually take trade-ins for games you don't want anymore. I traded in several games once when we were in Missouri and got about $9 each for them. I had paid .75 each at a rummage sale, so I felt good about the deal! It paid for most of the new game I wanted for my Nintendo DS.
    Good deal

Little Miss has traded in DS games at Game Stop before but she only got about $1.50 each of them.

Our game stop has more used games then they do new ones. They are guaranteed too you can return them.

They have something about if you don't like the game or beat it you within a week you can return it too. OR at least they did.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am curious how you made melted snowman ornaments. That sounds really cute and a possible idea for me and the girls to make to gift to people!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Imagine, I suppose it depends on the games you trade in. I don't recall the name of the place where I traded in my games, but it wasn't a Game Stop.

We've bought dozens of used games since the early 1990's for several different game systems and only had one that we had problems with. We sold that at a garage sale for a quarter when most games were going for at least $10, and warned the buyer it had quit working for us. She sent her little boy back later to tell us the game worked perfectly for them. He was all excited. It was a cute game with little cars (way before the Cars movies) and he was thrilled with his new game. We've had a lot more problems with computer games.

One thing about pawns, bring cash. Chains like Pawn America might take credit and checks, but a lot of non-chain pawns only accept cash. We had a favorite pawn and it was years before they would take our checks. Also, many of the local pawns (non-chain) are open to dickering. We found out through trial and error we could usually get jewelry for a third less than the marked price. CDs could sometimes be had for less too, but there usually wasn't much wiggle room on game systems and video games. Still, it doesn't hurt to ask. All they can say is no. Just don't try to lowball them, and know what your top dollar is if they counter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by steelergal View Post
    I am curious how you made melted snowman ornaments. That sounds really cute and a possible idea for me and the girls to make to gift to people!
    There a several ways on the net just google melted snowman ornaments

This is how we did it

Supplies hot glue gun, emordery floss, felt ( orange for carrot nose other colors for scarf)Small black beads for coal eyes

Cut strips of scarf color tie like a scarf
    Cut a small acute triangle for carrot nose

Make hanger by making a circle or loop with the floss
    Lay on foil make a puddle of hot glue over part of the floss loop
    Place black beads (eyes) carrot nose and scarf on the puddle of hot glue we used tweazers to do this did not want to burn fingers. If you feel the need to push them into the hot glue the twaszers are good for that too

Let the melted snow man dry completely then peel off the foil

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great going Imagine!! Mahalo for sharing!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That sounds so cute! I will definatley ask my youngest if she wants to do that- it will be more up my alley to do that craft instead of the cinnamon ornaments (that take several days to dry!).

Thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Way to go imagine!!! I love being creative when it comes to gift giving.