Work Christmas Party?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Work Christmas Party?

If you work outside the home (or if your spouse works outside the home), do you have a Christmas party through your employer?

The water utility I work at has a potluck for all employees plus board members. I am taking a cream cheese appetizer with wheat thins, blt cups, and pumpkin spice rolls.

The shift Z is on at the pd is also having a potluck. I am taking a lemon delight trifle, hot crab pinwheels, and a garlic jalapeno cheeseball.

How does your employer celebrate? Or if you are the owner of the establishment, how do you celebrate with your employees?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My wife's work has a potluck-style dinner at someone's house. I've gone twice, but missed this year. They do have a white elephant gift exchange that was fun once, lame the second time.

My work has a restaurant dinner for only employees, the restaurant changing each year. I missed it this year, as I had to work, but food was brought back to me and another coworker.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The company I work for hosts a very nice holiday party at a country club (not as fancy as that sounds ) with buffet dinner, wine & beer, dancing, raffle prizes, etc.

My DH and I have gone for the past 3 years but I had to work at my other job that night this year, so I didn't get to party.

Kara

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My company has a very nice holiday lunch - appetizers, open bar, lunch, entertainment, raffle prizes. It's coming up this Friday. I work for a large trade association with more than 100 staff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A few years ago, the company actually rented a place and had a paid dinner. Well, I guess the guys didn't like having to pay to go to it, and then show up in their nasty work clothes because nobody had time to go home.

After that, they (the guys) just decided to hit the near-work sports bar for a few rounds and some pool. OldMan and I went once, and again, only a few guys showed up, but at least they didn't have to pay a pretty penny ahead of time.

Now, there is no money, there is no bonus, there is no day off for the holiday. Other than the calendar, there is nothing to say it's Dec. 25th over there now.

That being said, OldMan IS working Christmas, and I am going to send him in with some treats for the other guys. I need something that can be kept at room temp, can be self contained (like in baggies) and, most of all "manly" (whatever that means )

Any ideas?

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_V View Post
    That being said, OldMan IS working Christmas, and I am going to send him in with some treats for the other guys. I need something that can be kept at room temp, can be self contained (like in baggies) and, most of all "manly" (whatever that means )

Any ideas
    Z also works Christmas Day. I always send treats too.

Have you ever tried cayenne pretzels?

Cayenne Pretzels Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Appetizers, drinks ( wine, champagne, domestic beers and sodas) dinner, dessert, dancing, prizes at the country club For employees and their spouse/date completely paid for by the company

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a kids party in a local movie theater - kids get $5 each for concessions, and a $15 Toys R Us gift card, plus a free movie. We also have an adult party at the local legion with dinner, free cocktail hour, and some raffle prizes.

We also do a potluck thing in the office where everyone brings something in the day before.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The place I work for doesn't really have anything we just bring in anything we want to bring to share and put it in the breakroom. Dh's work doesn't have anything for christmas ): I might make some pinwheels or nutcups to take to work for Wed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We are having a pot luck luncheon this Wednesday after school.

Our special education dept. hosts a luncheon for our educational assistants - it was last Friday. Everyone comes during their lunch break - it's usually held in my room - being a preschool it is already decorated!! Somehow Ive always been able to find great deals on party favors for everyone - about 30 people.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dh works from home but the main office usually has one. Apparently,not this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We are having a potluck; nothing fancy - at the main office. I wish I didn't feel obligated to go! I am hoping that something will come up work-wise to keep me from attending. I don't like social events and I have no idea what to take.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My job has a holiday party in the main dining room of the nursing home. They have food brought in and soda. We have karaoke and prize giveaways. Honestly I am surprised they do anything for us because they are so cheap.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

my work Christmas party was this past saturday. it was catered and prizes were given away (i won a toaster oven). a band played. it was nice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hubby at ups = nothing

My boss takes us girls out for dinner but our spouses are not invited.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast