What does Your Christmas budget look like for 2012?
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default What does Your Christmas budget look like for 2012?

We are drawing names for the kids(so we won't buying for all nieces and nephews this year, just one) and the budget is $35.00...a couple days ago I sat down and figured out how much to set aside and came up with $750.00 altogether...thats photobooks for the grandparents(2 books @ $40.oo each), $150.00([email protected]$50 each) in dining giftcards for an aunt,uncle, and older nephew on DH's side.Gift wrap,stamps for mailing, Holiday greeting cards, gift tags,and ribbon $100.00(buying a roll of 100 ct. stamps and it costs about 65.00). A Holiday out for Sophie and Myself $150.00($50 for Sophie and $100.00 for me). Hosting a Holiday party so $150.00 for Food and drinks. Buying for Sophie(we do the 3 gifts of christmas as thats what baby jesus received from the wisemen) $135.00. What do your budgets look like? Thanks for sharing!

PS-Kevin and I don't buy for one another...but may buy an iPad in the new year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Looking at my budget....I could find Holiday outfits on Ebay for half the $150. Same with entertaining...could make food and drink onder $100.00.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm at about 1000 right now. My daughter and son are done though. So total budget was 1500, and that's a huge difference from years before which was a free for all basically. Next I plan to cut back even more. I gave everyone a price and get whatever I can for them with that money. I'm also making quite a few gifts this year.

I have 25 people to buy for and 4 of those also have birthdays before Christmas, and our friends are expecting at the end of dec., which I included in the budget. Dh and I buy for each other, but it will be considerable less this year. We will probably just pick a few things we want and buy them....and then just do stockings for each other. I love getting a stocking filled with cheap trinkets that I didn't buy! I also do a stocking for my sister who spends Christmas with us each year.

I'm really trying to track my spending and stay on or under budget. It's embarrassing to think last christmas I transferred 1500 from my LOC to buy gifts the last week before Christmas. Sigh....you can see I joined FV on dec 28th for a reason.

I have added 200 to my dec budgets for holiday crafts, activities and extra food. I have enough wrap etc from last year.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

oh wow I need to look at this..last year spent around 1500 bucks ( all on sale) probably less..22 people and 4 pets..spent about 200 on food for Christmas eve, day, New Years... plus booze...
    I don't think I will have that much this year.......will start to think about it and post later...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I figure about $75. $40 for hairdresser, $35 for friends. Realize the hairdresser gets more but she does listen and I can always ask her any beauty questions when I am with her so I give her cash. Luckily the friends I can find things on clearance which I already purchased two beach towels for about $5.00 so if I decide to stay with that then my total would be $70. The amount may go up if I am invited somewhere else but that is what I know of right now.

From now until December I plan to set aside as much spare money as I can to take advantage of the end of season clearances. Last couple of years I have started buying myself x-mas presents. So that is what I plan on doing.

That is a great idea for buy the outfits on ebay.

Forgot to add the cat so will find some things at dollar tree. Seems to be her favorite store. Everything I purchase for her there she loves. Good kitty. The stuff from PetSmart not so much.
    Last edited by Hamada; 09-16-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh crap! We have a pet to buy for lol...adding $30 to the budget...and I forgot stocking items...so add another $50 on top of that...but if I cut in other areas I can still hit the 750 budget...we only buy for 7 people so I think if you are shopping for over 20+ your budgets look great!

For my brothers they are getting homemade salsa,jams,and bread....they are excited lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

may make homemade gifts for friends..this would be cheaper but more time consuming.... I thought about making cookie dough rolls up. and giving a half roll of chocolate chip, pbutter, and sugar in pretty saran wrap with pretty ribbons at each end so u could take them out and bake as many or as few as wanted..... do it towards the first of Dec. so they could have them on tree trimming night...

I would love this as a gift what do u think?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Budget? Christmas? Hmmm...I think it's at about $250 - that $25 for everyone. My kids are all grown. Not doing anything overly special for DH. Might just cash in some Air Miles for gift cards for the kids. Hmm...want something light to mail. The post office is a pill and outrageously priced these days.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am also at $25 a piece for everyone.
    $425 11 kids and 6 adults (son has 4 extra and girlfriend)
    $50 for groomer
    $50 for hairdresser
    $50 for charity
    $100 for food!
    $150 for Decorations. cards, stamps cemetary baskets

$825 at the most
    $700 ( minus girlfriend and her kids)

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hmn, DH and I probably spend $50-$75 each on each other, I plan on about $25 for special friends, a couple bucks in postage for the few cards we send, oh yeah $100 for BIL's family, and extra on groceries. So, looking at >$300 for our small quiet holiday.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I finally have a job to contribute with this year. I am planning on purchasing my fiance
    -floor jack
    -jack stands
    -air compressor
    -tool box base cabinet

I'm planning on about $400 for him. But that is Christmas and birthday (12/29)

cards- already have
    engagement pictures that are going in the cards $75 session fee +$20 for prints
    so about $500 right now...
    still hammering out all the other details.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a $1000. planned for Nov. We'll see. Previous years $2000. but the kids are grown.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are probably at 1500, but that is for 5 kids, hubby, I, and a bday trip to Disneyland for our 2 year old to be. We don't buy for extended family anymore.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We will be right around $1000 for Christmas. It's just dh, dd, ds and I plus the dog and cat! That will also cover Christmas dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're very paired down for Christmas - not a lot of people to buy for and we concentrate on experiences, not presents. DD is getting a kayak this year (about $175). Hubby said he thought of a good present for himself but now can't remember what it was I guess I'll budget about $200 for him, except I have already bought some items for him. DD and hubby are hinting that they are getting me the new iphone (I still use the original iphone from when it was first invented - lol) so what is that? $200? Another big expense this year is that we'll be buying a new artificial tree - about $175. We pay all cash for Christmas. Money for teacher gifts, gifts for friends and extended family, extra food, decor and entertainment activities is already set aside.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast