Are you ready for Christmas?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Are you ready for Christmas?

Are you Ready for Christmas?

I have heard that question lately (Much like "cold weather we are having today huh?")

I answer a happy "Yes" then when the person hangs their head down low. I add in "Oh, I have things to do still I am just ready for Christmas" Then they smile.

I do still have things to do but they are part of the fun. And I think they need to be spaced out. Like the tree is a Christmas Eve thing. And most Christmas baking happens when the children are available. As late as Christmas Eve is fine.

Oh I am so ready for Christmas (even though my check list has unchecked boxes)

Are you ready for Christmas?

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've done my shopping and mailed what needs mailing. The house is a disaster... DH is remodeling his office... but no one will be visiting so who cares. We'll get it cleaned up soon enough. I haven't started listening to christmas carols yet though.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

no. not on the ball at all this year.

no tree yet. zero gifts...I better get on the ball!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm pretty well ready, still have to bake goodies and wrap a few things, but no big stress things to do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oldest dd's birthday is tomorrow. I think I'll be better able to focus on Christmas once I have that out of the way. I still have to decorate her cake, wrap presents, then deliver everything.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wish!!! I just got my cards done and mailed. I have so much to do around the house. Still have a lot of Christmas shopping to do. Baking to do also. Both my boys and family's will be home for the holidays and it will be the first time in 17 years that we will be together for Christmas. Can hardly wait. As far as what has to be done---don't even know where to start but you know as well as I do that in the end all will turn out fine and things will get done. IMO being all together for the holiday and having a good time is all that really matters. I hope that you all have a wonderful and Joyous Christmas!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I still have a few things to do but in essence I am ready.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm ready! Every gift but one is bought and wrapped. Very simple food menu planned. No one but MIL visiting. Kids are excited. Christmas music playing all day. More than enough snow outside. I love Christmas!

Halfway between the Wolverines and the Spartans
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm kind of ready for it to be over, lol! I love the holiday, but I wish there weren't so many weeks of hype leading up to it...it burns me out.

Anyway, I totally switched things up this year. I sent Thanksgiving cards instead of Christmas cards. I'm not doing any baking. I ordered the last gift last night, and all are waiting to be wrapped. I bought FAR fewer gifts this year than in past years and for immediate family only.

Overall, I love the simplicity of what I'm doing this year. I did fully decorate the house, which was actually fun, because I could take my time and focus on it rather trying to do it while baking and doing cards and such. I still have the WDW train and monorail to put up around the trees (I upsized to 3 trees this year, lol!)

Best of all, DD has been playing Christmas carols on the piano this year, and that makes my heart sing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Since I've simplified Christmas, I'm basicly done. Need to pic up one more gift, and deliver them to the inlaws. The kids can decorate the house if they want to, there is premade gingerbread dough in the stockpile if they want to bake something. No cards, I won't do anything just because I feel I "should". I want to make a nice dessert for christmas dinner, but if I wake up on christmas eve and don't feel like cooking, I'll just buy something.
    Total paid/saved: $214 900
    Total goal: $304 900
    To do: $90 000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No I haven't started shopping yet. I decorated & sent cards. Started baking cookies but I need to get in gear!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wrote out my Christmas cards today. I will mail them tomorrow. We have no decorations up. Learned long ago that a house with pets and Christmas decorations do not always mix. No room for a tree, so we sold that at a garage sale long ago. I have the ham in the deep freeze and will defrost it closer to the day. I'll let dh decide on the side dishes. We don't eat sweets, so no baking of sweets here. Making it quite simple.

A2M

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will be after I mail out a few cards (that I told myself I wouldn't be sending this year.lol)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't started wrapping yet, so no!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kinda. Gonna send out some Christmas cards, gifts all bought, gotta send some gifts to our niece and nephew, but I'm not really feeling the holiday spirit for some reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast