Christmas Bargains
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Christmas Bargains

Since we are getting closer to Christmas (46 days), I thought it would be nice to let others in on bargains that you happen to find (to help stretch that dollar more)!

I have two that I think may help:

Yankee Candle is having a $1 sale on votives, tarts, and the flat car jar air freshners (think teachers, stash for inexpensive gifts, for the candle lover or car enthusiast).

Bath & Body Works is having a Buy Three Get Three on their Fragrance, lotions, etc. Also 3 Wick Candles are 2 for $24. Hand soap is 5 for $18 or 7 for $24. Currently (11/8/15)- there is free shipping on any orders over $40. If you use the code EVERGREEN you get a free 3 wick candle (fresh balsam), which is just for today! ALSO there is a coupon code for $10 off any $30 purchase (think of the tweens, teens, teachers, and some adults in your life).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Nice of you. Personally I definately need ZERO of either and if I need a gift I have a stockpile. I think cash for the kids and whatever else pops up??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks! I love Yankee Candles (and I have a Christmas one lit right now. LOL! Yeah, it's too early but I don't care. It smells awesome).

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was surprised when I stopped in at the mall & discovered the sale at YC. I got several gifts, but shopped mostly for myself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ollies-had Cookbooks for $1.99 Fixit and forget it Potluck,Christmas,cancer fundraiser,and diabetic. Spiral and paperback
    I also found Iris Johanson and Steven King for $1.99-$3.99
    And the T-Fal big baking cookie sheet $8.99
    love that store.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

People still use cookbooks? They take up so much room & now with every recipe on planet Earth (even ones since the dawn of time) online...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

yes,people still use cookbooks,read books w/o a kindle and bake even though grocery stores sell cookies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have cookbooks as a back-up in case the electiricty fails. My heating and cooking is all on gas, so I might be able to still cook something, but need a recipe or extra info to do so. The elektricity failing, as in parts being cut for overdemand is a yearly thread. Being asked as a nation to cut down on elektricity use as much as possible is a yearly occurence.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Amazon has a code (HOLIDAY30) for 30% off ONE book (physical, not ebook). I'm not sure when the offer ends, but soon, I think. I saved $4+ on a book for DS17 about life as a helicopter medic, which is something he's quite interested in.

Kohl's has a code for 20% off (check the site) and a deal where it's $10/50 apparel purchase (exclusions apply), as well as free shopping on $25+. Any 'Kohl's Cash' earned shopping on Black Friday can be used now, too. I did well today grabbing some brand-name clothing for DS17.

And if you're shopping online, don't forget about ebates.com!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I still use cookbooks because I don't keep my fav recipes in my head, I don't have many but to me they are still a necessity. I write notes in the margin and I have my grandma's favorite book filled with her notes. Can't find that online

I just joined ebates even though I've heard about it for years, took me long enough

I got a bunch of presents from Kohls and got a $15 kohl's cash to use. I am debating about using it in store so I only spend $15 or checking out the online deals and getting enough for free shipping. Probably the latter since standing in line with crowds is not do-able now. I still have my dad left to buy for, he's done so much for me the past year, I want him to have good gifts (found as cheaply as possible at Kohls, lol). I already got him a few but there's $30 left in my budget and it's going to him. Which will mean everyones' stockings will be cheap Christmas candy on sale at CVS (I somehow became the stocking-filler person and it would be really nice if someone offered to step up and do it one year for me).

I keep forgetting we have Ollie's now. I like Ocean State Job Lot, too. I used to get inexpensive but very nice jams and other gourmet little gifts there. They have good online coupons. And I've also found very cheap Lands End clothing there. It's out of the way now, though since I am not working in the neighboring city where it is anymore.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

who was looking for a crock pot? Choxi has one of those multi-purpose new fangled ones for $35, free ship and there is a code for $10 off $40.

https://www.choxi.com/daily_deals/view/5724747