How to Find Cheap Christmas Gifts and Save Money This Holiday Season
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default How to Find Cheap Christmas Gifts and Save Money This Holiday Season

Because it's never too early to plan. (And yes, the author is pushing Ebates and Kohl's, but there is a lot of other good advice here)

https://www.dollarsprout.com/cheap-christmas-gifts/

Christmas is only 5 months away!
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Library used book sales (mine also does puzzles once a year) are great. I like to make & give biscotti. If you want to learn to make something new, start practicing ahead of time (i.e. NOW).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lots of good ideas here.
    Honestly, I like ebay for lots of items as they're cheaper than buying them from a store, for the most part.
    Discount Tire has free tire gauges that measure air in tires. Those can go in a stocking.
    Creating a fruit basket can be a nice gift and wrapping a free box that was gotten from a supermarket can make it festive.
    Buying stocks for kids is a neat idea.
    Making coupon books for things like "Good for a car wash" or "Good for homemade dinner and dessert" is cheap and fun.
    Resqme items are things I got for under $10. One is a car window punch/seat belt cutter, another is a personal alarm (I believe called defendme) and there are other types of safety items.
    Stores and online places carry winter plants that can be grown indoors. Some start from a seed and come in a planter that's packaged in a box. A grown cactus or other holiday plant can be given as a gift.
    Last edited by rujerro; 07-22-2019 at 10:00 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There are discount stores near me that have dollar bin days. My daughter and I will be able to hit these up as soon as the boys start school. We are mainly looking for stocking stuffers but these discount stores usually have some great items.