Christmas 2019

Thread: Christmas 2019

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Christmas 2019

It's that time of year when we can create memories, make gifts, purchase items and spend quality time with family. How is your Christmas planning going? What are you purchasing/making/doing this year? Will it be a little frugal or a bit frivolous? Please share!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't set a budget yet but it will be a low budget season, so I'll get creative. I'll be using rewards points to buy GC's. I'll also send free magazines from rewardbee.
    I was able to purchase coin books for dimes and got a bag of old dimes from ebay for 3 people.
    Last edited by rujerro; 07-22-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Frugal this year. I am only buying for DH and doing a gift swap with my dance class. DH is hard to buy for because if he wants it he will buy it for himself. I am doing small zipper bags for my dance class. We exchange small items, like candles, costume jewelry, hand lotion, etc. I have all the fabric, and have ordered zippers at wholesale cost, so now I just need to sew them.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been wanting to get DS2 a set of headphones as his are hand-me-down and one earphone doesn't work, I believe.

I did some research to find something decent and a pair that was recommended in 2018 has since gone down in price. I got him the headphones and a cord to plug into the computer and a extended warranty for 3 years.

I used a Gift card so it cost me $0.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Last year we took the grands to Build A Bear and they loved it!. It was a special treat for them especially since we do not go to shopping malls and shop or walk around. They got lunch at Cheesecake Factory and was able to see the mall decorated. The experience was wonderful. I loved the look on their faces.

This year we are surprising them with a stay at The Gaylord National Hotel and we will tour ICE. The theme is The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, their favorite. They can participate in the activities and even swim in the indoor pool. DH and I have decided to share an experience with our family rather than gifts. It is a lot more fun.

I have some money saved because my daughter and I have been selling items on PoshMark and Mercari. I will probably hold a yard sale or two, that may generate a little more. May even do Facebook yard sale sites. It’s amazing what people will buy, lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Precarrious- I love that idea- trips for Christmas! We've talked about doing that and hope to do it.

I got DS2 a great after shave and it cost $13.50 after using a GC that I purchased with Swagbucks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I plan to make my dgds memory quilts. I just have no motivation. Dh and I are going to go do work at ds' house. We bought a few items over the past couple of years for projects they wanted to do and it's all still sitting there. So for Christmas this year we are going to go install all these things. We'll give them a few gift cards to eat out and get something for the girls, but that's it. Our other ds never wants anything, so we'll probably pay his property taxes again this year. Dh and I just get what we want we when see it at a good price throughout the year. Sometimes we'll get things close to Christmas and just wrap them up for the fun of it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wow would like you guys as parents for xmas lol kids and dh have fall birthdays as well as xmas. so I shop for both. plus others. I bought home souvenirs from our trip for ds my cousin bought me to primark cheaper dept store with great stuff so got harry potter stuff way cheaper then the reg store. like $14 harry potter sweatshirt $7 nightgown for cousin. I had ordered a bunch of clearance stuff from thinkgeek sale a few months ago. harry potter bag, other video game type things don't remember all stored away. a cute cat purse for dd.

will start getting gift cards to put aside.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've been thinking a lot about Christmas, this year, with DH out of work since May and no end to that in sight. The 18, 15, and 13 year olds really just want gift cards, and I can start picking those up now. Maybe one a week with the grocery shopping. I've been doing Swagbucks surveys to earn points for movie gift cards because there are a few movies coming out this fall that we want to see. However, once I get that, I can start saving for Christmas gift cards. DS8 is a little bit trickier. I've put out a call on the FB garage sale boards for a few of the things he wants, that I am looking for, but no bites yet. I don't plan on going big with him, but I do hope to get a few of the things he is hoping for. DH and I don't usually exchange gifts, since we spend money on the kids.
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Debt:
    Mortgage - $399,526.10
    Grocery Budget Challenge: $749.08/$800.00

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will tell DH that we will exchange a single gift this year. I get for the kids and DH buys them a few comic books each year. DS2 is easy to get for, but DS1 has a wonderful job and can buy what he wants. So, I'll need to ask for ideas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got a $25 GC for Target for DS2 using swagbucks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been purchasing items on clearance over the last few months. I'm almost finished buying for my nieces and nephews.
    Danielle wife to Brandon

Ava 7/3/12

Dog mom to: Boost Bruiser Roxy

Debt:
    Student Loan - Paid in full February 2017!
    Car loan - Paid in full Dec 2015!
    Mortgage - $38000

Emergency Fund: $5800
    Change jar ???
    Ava's Savings - $4200

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got a $50 gas card for DS1 using rewards points.