Christmas 2019

Thread: Christmas 2019

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Christmas 2019

It's that time of year when we can create memories, make gifts, purchase items and spend quality time with family. How is your Christmas planning going? What are you purchasing/making/doing this year? Will it be a little frugal or a bit frivolous? Please share!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't set a budget yet but it will be a low budget season, so I'll get creative. I'll be using rewards points to buy GC's. I'll also send free magazines from rewardbee.
    I was able to purchase coin books for dimes and got a bag of old dimes from ebay for 3 people.
    Last edited by rujerro; 07-22-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Frugal this year. I am only buying for DH and doing a gift swap with my dance class. DH is hard to buy for because if he wants it he will buy it for himself. I am doing small zipper bags for my dance class. We exchange small items, like candles, costume jewelry, hand lotion, etc. I have all the fabric, and have ordered zippers at wholesale cost, so now I just need to sew them.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been wanting to get DS2 a set of headphones as his are hand-me-down and one earphone doesn't work, I believe.

I did some research to find something decent and a pair that was recommended in 2018 has since gone down in price. I got him the headphones and a cord to plug into the computer and a extended warranty for 3 years.

I used a Gift card so it cost me $0.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Last year we took the grands to Build A Bear and they loved it!. It was a special treat for them especially since we do not go to shopping malls and shop or walk around. They got lunch at Cheesecake Factory and was able to see the mall decorated. The experience was wonderful. I loved the look on their faces.

This year we are surprising them with a stay at The Gaylord National Hotel and we will tour ICE. The theme is The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, their favorite. They can participate in the activities and even swim in the indoor pool. DH and I have decided to share an experience with our family rather than gifts. It is a lot more fun.

I have some money saved because my daughter and I have been selling items on PoshMark and Mercari. I will probably hold a yard sale or two, that may generate a little more. May even do Facebook yard sale sites. It’s amazing what people will buy, lol.