Christmas 2020

Thread: Christmas 2020

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Christmas 2020

It will be here in the blink of an eye! Share your purchases/ thoughts/savings for the upcoming season!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Since comic books were a hit in 2019, I found a variant ltd ed superman that is new but signed for DS1.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

only thing is marked down book catmas carols and 2 xmas headbands from michaels of 80 percent off

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We've done the Left Right Game at Christmas for the younger kids since my son was little, and he's 20 now, so probably for the past 15 years, give or take.

If you're not familiar with that game, what we do is buy a gift for each person there, whether they play or not, that way there's enough gifts for everyone in the game. We have a spending limit of $5 on these gifts since in the past there's been times we've purchased 12 or 13 of them.

To start we have one child, usually the youngest that can do this, pass out all these gifts to everyone. Then those who are playing the game sit in a circle, and one person is designated the "reader", or one person that isn't playing is chosen to read the story. Every time they say Left or Right when reading the story, everyone passes the gift they have to the left or right. In the rare cases a left or right is missed and everyone ends up with the gift they started with, we end the story with "And now the only thing left is to open your gift!" or "That's the end of the story, so right now lets open the gifts!"

Here's the story, in a spoiler tag so this post isn't super long EDIT: Sorry spoiler tags don't work
    [spoiler]
    Santa has a problem. He’s lost his Santa sack and can’t remember where he left it! This is no ordinary sack, this is the magical sack that holds all the gifts for the girls and boys. On Christmas Eve Santa ties his sack right on top of his sleigh, with a left hand knot, and sets out to deliver the right gifts to the right children. Every time he gets to a new house, the gifts for the children in that house magically appear in the sack right after he hops down the chimney. Otherwise he'd get stuck, right? And since he’s had the special Santa sack he’s never left a gift behind!
    “Santa!” calls the Head Elf, Snowflake.
    He’s Santa’s right hand man. “It’s time to go, right now!"
    “But my Santa sack,” says Santa. “I don’t know where I left it!”
    “Where did you last see it?” asks Snowflake. “Right here by the sleigh!” says Santa.
    “Well, it’s not right here anymore,” says Snowflake. “You must have left it somewhere else and you better find it right now!”
    “But that’s the problem - I have no idea where I could have left it,” said Santa sadly.
    “Write down everywhere you’ve been today,” said Snowflake, “and I’ll get the other elves to help us look right away!”
    Santa made his list and Snowflake called the other elves over to help.
    Snowflake pointed to Elf #1 “Ok, you need to check the Cocoa Corner.”
    “Right,” said Elf # 1. "What’s the fastest way to get there?”
    “Go straight through these doors, then take a left at the Candy Cane Castle, then right at Gingerbread Lodge, then another right at the cookie kitchen. Start looking right now!”
    “Right you are!” said Elf #1, and he left to go look in the Cocoa Corner.
    Snowflake turned to Elf #2 and said, “Go check the workshop for Santa’s sack! And take the shortcut."
    "I don't remember the shortcut!" Said Elf #2.
    Snowflake rolled his eyes and said "go left right past the sled garage and you’ll find five doors on the left. Take the one that’s right next to the one on the furthest left.”
    “Was that a right at the sled garage?” asked Elf #2
    “No, left.” Said Snowflake
    “Left?” asked Elf #2
    “That’s right.” said Snowflake.
    Snowflake checked Santa’s list again and pointed to Elf #3. “Right, you’d better check Santa’s bathroom. I don’t know why he would have left his Santa sack there, but you never know, right?”
    “Right,” said Elf #3, and he left right away to go looking.
    Snowflake checked his watch. “Oh dear, Santa, we really do need to leave right away. Are you sure you can’t remember where you left your Santa sack?”
    Santa shook his head from right to left, and then from left to right. “I wish I could remember where I left it! Why aren’t the elves back yet? What are we going to do? Christmas could be ruined! I can’t stand to think of all the children waking up tomorrow to the wrong presents. I need that sack to make sure I deliver the right gifts to the right children!”
    “You’re right,” said the head elf. “This is getting serious. There’s only one thing left to do. It’s time to call in reinforcements.”
    Snowflake pulled out a walkie talkie and pushed the right button to activate the loudspeaker.
    “We have a code red,” Snowflake said on the loudspeaker. “Santa has left his sack somewhere on the premises, and we need to find it right away. I repeat: Santa has left his sack and we need to find it right away. It is imperative that the right gifts get to the right children, so please start looking and make sure no stone is left unturned. If found, deliver the sack to the sleigh right away!”
    They waited a few more minutes, but no one arrived with the sack. “You’re just going to have to go without it, Santa,” said Snowflake.
    “Maybe not!” rang out a voice right behind Santa. It was Mrs. Claus, and in her hands was a bright red sack. “You left this in the closet while you were getting dressed. Something tells me you need it right about now.”
    Santa gave Mrs. Claus a great big hug. “You’re the best!” he exclaimed. “I don’t know what I would do without you.”
    “Right you are,” said Mrs. Claus. “Now get out there and make some dreams come true. Merry Christmas!”[/spoiler]
    Last edited by Kormath; Yesterday at 01:26 PM. Reason: spoiler tags aren't working, sorry!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have throws for all the grandchildren....paid between $3-$10 for each....got a sculpture for my middle grandson, knife set for youngest, and warm cuddle jackets for daughter, dil, and grandson's gf.....I'm getting there....everything was on sale...the sculpture was the most expensive thing and it was originally $44 and I paid $20.