Do you give a gift to your mail carrier?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Do you give a gift to your mail carrier?

I never even knew who mine was before, but now that I only work part-time, I actually have chatted with him several times.  I was thinking of leaving a little gift for him... like maybe some Mc-gift certificates. 

I've never done that before...  is it appropriate to address it to "our regular mail carrier"?  (I haven't chatted enough to know his name! )

What do you guys do?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When I was younger we use to give our mailcarrier a card and I think once or twice some cookies. When I worked at Mail Boxes Etc. I gave that one a card and some cookies. We've lived here going on 2 years and I think we have seen the mail carrier mayber 4 times.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We live in such a small town that everyone knows everyone, including the mail carrier and the postmaster, we are so small that it is only a 2 man operation. I just bake a batch of cookies and take them to the post office for our carrier and the postmaster.

I love the idea of the Mc gift certificates, that is very sweet and I know he would be touched by your kindness.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I talk to my mail lady too...I know her by her first name even...she's such a sweety...I sometimes feel like she thinks I'm weird but then again I think most people who meet me think that

I hadn't done anything before but now I have a box of chocolate truffles waiting for her and if she comes to the door I'll give them to her

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I never have before, but he's always been really nice about bringing packages and my other mail with them right to my door.

This year I bought him a $10 Dunkin Donuts GC.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our regular guy, Joe, I would but he is out having shoulder disk surgery until after the new year.
    The person currently doing the mail I would not. She is rude and frequently messes up my mail! This is a small area with only 2 mail people, they both know who we are and the 3 homes we have been in, Joe brings everything with my name (unless its marked like a credit card) to me, the lady gets mad and red marks stuff sent to my address that says "Carlsbad TX" instead of "San Angelo" and on several occasions stuff for me in Carlsbad has gone missing. Trouble is ALL my utilities, electric, phone, water bills all go to Carlsbad, if you say San Angelo, they can't find us because the town grid shows us as Carlsbad. GRRRRR I guess the PO thinks it out ranks everyone else!
    I know it isn't just me either, as I have heard several neighbors complain about the same person! Somedays, even if your flag is up she just passes right on by!

I remember as a kid, the postman always got a box of homemade cookies. I might give a box to a friend whose dad knows Joe to give him some cheer!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ok, i'd love to do this, but we have a couple different people delivering. sometimes a man, sometimes a woman. what do i do????????

Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob baronmom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have given the regular mail lady a gift for the last couple of years. She always brings packages to the door, and is just a really nice person. I have a small decorated mailbox that I am going to put some candy in. I will try to post a picture in the gallery of it.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob baronmom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have posted a picture in the gallery if you would like to see what my gift is. I think it is really neat.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in the same boat as Misty....we never have the same mail person......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have two regular mail carriers so every year I try to get something that they can share. One year it was a fruit basket, last year it was an assortment of canned nuts. I got a really nice card from them saying they kept the nuts at the PO and shared with others. This year I am planning on getting them a nice box of candy and some McD gift certificates. I get decoy mail and they have been doing a really good job of getting it to me, I know it makes their life difficult because my name is never on any of it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here on post, we have 3 carriers that rotate & two window people at the actual post office.....we baked up a tray of goodies & took it to the main post office for all to enjoy.......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Being the wife of a mail sweetie that delivers mail walking on ice, bitter cold ,sweltering heat and nice days too ,those little somethings or even just a note, do mean a lot.

From moms to presidents to garbage collectors and any other job you can think of, anybody anywhere at any time loves to hear those words. Thanks. Makes ya smile.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

way to go carolyn, you are sooo sweet. ((((BIG hugs))))

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have different carriers so I've never left anything for them. I do like the idea of taking something to the post office for all to enjoy though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast