Whose ready.......for Christmas
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question Whose ready.......for Christmas

I think Lucie's counter in her siggy says 73 days left until Christmas. Who is ready? Who hasn't even started?

I'm sitting here starting to panic. I still haven't gotten much done and seeing as we are having a pioneer Christmas, I better get cracking.

How about you?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am not ready either and I really want to make a lot of our gifts this year! I need to get organized and decide what I am going to do and then get busy!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Guilty for not starting. Although I have a good idea what everyone is getting this year......A baby in Feb

Well, we will get them something they can open at Christmas as well. I want to have all my shopping done no later than the first part of Dec. Hopefully earlier than that since we will most likely do the Christmas thing early because after the last 2 years the last thing we want to do is spend the majority of the day on the road going between familys and not feeling like we didn't spend anytime with them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've gotten 4 out of 30 gifts. I'm doing a lot of shopping on ebay this year. I did want to make a few items, and I better get cracking on them. I'll probably start doing some on the way to a football game we're going to on Saturday. Crochet is portable!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so in to Christmas this year - I have been ever since I made the ornaments for the Village - CJ please tell me what you think of them BEFORE you send them out - I get really nervous - anyway I have been like Mrs. Claus since then - making lists and checkin twice and gettin all over it - I am having a great time while the Christmas Crowd sits at home  kicking back waitin for the rush!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not ready at all. Well, maybe I am a little.
    I finished the afghan for my niece, all boxed up and ready to ship.

I'm looking for a very special lapquilt for my Mom, I'd make it myself but she may never get it (takes me too long) anyway I'm looking for one done in soft pink and seafoam green for her.

For my Sister & BIL not sure maybe a gift certificate to a favorite resturant.

MIL & SFIL thinking Gift certificate.

FIL& SMIL NOTHING they've been to bad this year (16 years to be honest)

DH has deceided $10.00 gift certificates for the kids UNDER 17. Still talking about $80.00 here. But they are his family and I will standby his decision.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've got plans for things, but I haven't made anything that I'm giving as gifts....well, I've got Dave's quilt top done, but need to finish it.

I've bought the gifts that we're getting for the kids...just need a few more stocking stuffers.

I'd say I'm about 45% ready. I hope to get a lot of sewing done this week though--especially with Dee here all day today

pip
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd better start thinking about things!!!! I have good intentions, but those don't always get you very far......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm over halfway finished with dh's gifts and halfway finished with ds's. We spend a certain $ amount on each other each year and that amount has changed several times this year due to financial things that went along with the 2 hurricanes that hit here. I got a final amount set this week. *I* personally have to make a list of some things I would like for dh and ds and I have no clue!

The dogs and cat will get some homemade treat goodies and we are only giving gifts to one set of friends - they will get mix gifts. I have started selecting which ones, but won't prepare them until closer to Christmas. I have plenty of jars to put them in and fabric for decoration.

I do need to discuss with dh what we're giving his parents, if anything. Last year we sent them a gc to Target for a good chunk of $ and his mom lost the gc! That really irked me (wasted money!).

We had already decided earlier this year that we will no longer be sending birthday or Christmas gc's to our nieces and nephews (7 of them). We have to spend way more money than their parents do (because we only have 1 child and all dh's sisters have more than 1 each) AND we never have been told thank you for anything by any of them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We just celebrated Thanksgiving this past weekend! I have just finished packing up the decorations and dishes and linens from that! LOL

My precious helpers are waiting patiently to help me pull out the Halloween decorations! We will study the history of Halloween, make some treats, and then put all this stuff away again!

Then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we will get cracking on Christmas decorating!

I have been planning everything for the last few months.....tentative gift lists, lesson plans for the Christmas season, gifts and treats to make!

We are just finishing our ornaments for the exchange, it takes a little bit longer with 2 sets of little joyful hands helping with everything!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have not even started shopping for gifts..but most everyone will be getting gift certificates so thats easy to take care of.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yvonne, I think of you everytime I get Canadian Tire money.

We are saving our Canadian Tire money from here on in and then dividing it up for the 2 kids to use for their Christmas gifts. That way, they can keep their money in their bank accounts. They are really excited about that.

Good to see you back. Miss you when your not around.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am soo excited about Christmas this year. For the past few years I have worked on Christmas and Christmas Eve, and it just didn't seem like Christmas. But, this year I am a SAHM, and I am loving it!

I have 2 layaways in. Saturday, me and my stepmil are going out of town to Christmas shop, and I will be making another trip at the end of this month to pay one of my layaways out. After that, I will go to the after Thanksgiving sales.

My plan is to have all my shopping finished 2 weeks before Christmas.

MMP

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Close, very close to being done. I have a layaway at Kmart, I will be getting out this week. And one at Walmart I hope to have out by the second Friday of Nov. I still need to get

2 pairs of pants for dh
    shirts for dh
    Gunslinger book for dh
    Sleeping bag for ds
    2 star wars movies for ds
    GCs for MIL and BIL
    Shrek 2 for the family
    Harry Potter 3 for the family
    Mulan for the family
    DVD Player(hoping for a great sale the day after our Thanksgiving) for the family.

I need to get some bean bags made. And a pillow for Emma. I was going to buy a yard of fleece and make a teddy bear with fleece on one side and brown cordaroy on the other, but I might just make her the fleece elephant print that I found today in my stash into the pillow instead for this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i've started but going kinda slow. i have 2 afghans going, 1 for each kid. i finished my protoype doll to figure out how it all goes to gether, now i just have to crochet one for dd. i have one outfit made for it. mil&fil will get gift certs for eating out. my folks and sis and her hubby are getting food baskets. i need to get some books for ds, and get some stocking stuffers. and find something for my nephew.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast