Is anyone else as ready for Christmas...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Is anyone else as ready for Christmas...

...as I am.

Growing up, my family always started decorating for Christmas the day after halloween. It is only a week away, and I am so ready to drag out all the decorations. When did ya'll start decorating for Christmas? My husband has finally gotten used to this "family tradition" and doesn't even bat an eye when I ask him to help me untangle lights, or move furniture to put stuff in place.

One good thing about this tradition, is you always work on your homemade christmas gifts, it puts you in the mood. Can't wait to put in a Christmas Cd and crochet a blanket....

Roxy...

:santa:

Well, I think I got all the Christmas smilies on here....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I adore Christmas and think about it all year. I think I have rubbed off on my young ds because we've already had to listen to Christmas cd's just a couple of months ago!

I start decorating the day after Thanksgiving.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I too start the day after Thanksgiving. We start our baking right after Halloween, but freeze it.
    In a couple weeks I took a personal day to go to the city with my friends to do our Christmas shopping. O.K. so maybe it isn't so much about Christmas that day as it is a girl's day out. LOL

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am ready for it also. We put the tree up Thanksgiving weekend and take it down soon after Christmas. Then I just keep my snowman collection up through February.

I have the Christmas cards addressed and signed. Just need stamps. I always mail them the day after Thanksgiving. We adopted a lady from a nursing home and will buy her gifts this year. We are excited to help someone that really needs it. DH and I are buying each other 1 gift and I have one friend that I exchange with. We don't exchange gifts with any family.

My biggest part of Christmas is all the baking and candy making I do. I make about 25 items and sell the trays at work. I have a list of repeat buyers and make about 25 trays @ $25 each. This year I have 10 days to get it all done.

How fun to decorate after Halloween though. Hmmm wonder if DH would go for that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We start early too. I host a cookie swap in early December and like to have everything up before then. So we start with the Christmas lights the weekend of Thanksgiving and work from there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I usually decorate about 3 weeks before Christmas. Dh would rather not do it at all because he just doesn't like change but then after it's done he always says it looks nice. I don't decorate outside anymore since I'm not able to do it by myself and dh and ds have no interest in it.

Last year I only put up the tree and put a lighted wreath on the front door. Probably won't do more than that again this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We start decorating the day after Thanksgiving too.

I had to go into town yesterday, and it was so funny to see all of the old fashioned streetpoles decorated already with huge wreaths and garland and red bows. Funny because everyone is decorated for Halloween, and the 4H club has a different scarecrow up against each streetpole as well. What a site to see.

MMP

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I dont start decorating until after Thanksgiving(last Thursday in November for you non-united staters). Then it is a slow process, usually the tree doesnt go up till almost Christmas, since we have small kids in the house. Then the tree is down again by the time we have DD's bday party(her bday is Jan 3rd, the party is Jan 1st this year).

I am almost done with Christmas shopping though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm ready! Still not sure if DS wants to put the tree up this year or not.