Christmas - Ready or Not!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Christmas - Ready or Not!

Are you ready for Christmas/Santa? Are the presents all purchased and wrapped? Menu planned? House cleaned?

I can answer no to the above - all of the above. I still need to pick up a little candy for dd and for my brother in the nursing home. I still need to finish sewing 3 purses and putting the snaps on 6. My house is not clean because it continues to rain here way to much and the floors stay dirty. As for the menu, who knows what we will have. With Mel having sinus surgery next Wednesday, we have no idea what condition he will be in come Christmas. He thinks he will be completely well and able to eat and do anything he wants to, but I'm not so sure. I do know that Christmas Eve I will not be having my usual friends over. They have offered to have us at their house instead. Thank God for friends who understand!

Alright where are you in all the merriment?

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Are you ready for Christmas/Santa? Are the presents all purchased and wrapped? Menu planned? House cleaned?
    I have purchased most of the gifts and wrapped them. The menu is pretty much the same every year, so that's a no-brainer. The house is in dire need of cleaning, but it will have to wait. I have both of my grandbabies to babysit, dh is away in NY and my teenage dsons are no help at all. We haven't even started decorating. I hope to get the tree up and decorated this weekend, if dh returns in time. I also was planning on baking Christmas cookies this weekend, but I don't think I'll have the time. Oh,well, there's still time before Christmas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm finished with all shopping except dh's stocking stuffers. I am very close to finishing the quilt I'm making for ds.

All of dh's gifts except one (a food item that I know better to put under the tree until the last minute since we have 3 indoor dogs) are wrapped and under the tree. Only one of ds's gifts is wrapped and under the tree. I am going to have to make time at night after he goes to sleep to sieze the opportunity and wrap them! I also do not have my friend's, her dd's or dh's wrapped. I made them a basket of gift mixes and have already given that to them, but we got them each a little personal present as well.

I have to make treats for the dogs and something for the cat, but that will be closer to Christmas.

Our menu is not planned. I told dh I am tired of having the same old thing every year (same menu for Thanksgiving and Christmas every year) so we'll be doing something different, but haven't made up our minds what (and grocery store sales aren't what we've hoped they would be!).

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

In a word NOPE!

Not one gift is completed or started for that matter. Dinner is at Mom's so usually I only bring goodies which I haven't started baking yet. Tree went up today, all 2½ feet of it.

Not very much in the Christmas mood this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nothing much happening here yet, we always wait 'til later in the month to start our festivities. This weekend I will do the house decorations but we won't be putting up the tree till the 19th, that's when we'll have our tree trimming party. I think I will do some shopping next week, depends on the weather.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not ready, but almost!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nearing, but not there yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still have lots of gift to purchase, and need more garland & lights for inside the house.

Family get together is at my house this year so I did some deep cleaning before I put the decorations up. Still need to shop for the food for xmas eve & xmas day.

Registered User duckduckgoose007's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yep! Most things are done.

Jim did all the cleaning...washed walls & ceilings, too.
    I did the curtains in the kitchen, bathroom & laundry room.

The tree is up, the house is decorated inside. We did not do any decorating outside this year.

Shopping is done.

Baking...yet to do...yuk!

Christmas dinner will be ham, as usual.

Presents not wrapped. I think I will do the same as last year & use those Bags. I got them at the $1 store for.......$1 each.

Guess that about does it here.

Have a good night everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tree is up and decorated.

All presents but one are purchased and most are wrapped. (have to wrap dh's and purchase his other gift)

Menu is planned, most of the food is purchased and in the freezer- except the perishables.

Cleaning-- oh gee! Guess I need to add that to my to do list.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ready?? Nope, almost there though. House is decorated, the tree is up, cleaning is not finished, (is it ever?) I need to shampoo my dining room carpet, I have a small spruce outdoors that needs new lights, some wrapping to be done, menu planning just about there. As far as shopping, I would say 3/4 of the way there. I am making snack baskets for gifts, and have not started on them yet. Still some stocking stuffers and gift certificates to go. Paper goods for my x-mas eve party and some food shopping.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

tree is up but not decorated. i do have lights on it. dks get to decorate it on monday after their dentist appointments if they feel up to it. they are going under teh drill. i have to get stocking stuffers and a gift card still. i have food things to make, but will wait until closer to the 25th for that. i have one gift for dh to wrap. got a really good deal on one of those super thin towels that absorb gobs of water like competitive divers use to dry off beteen dives. thought it would be better for dh to take to teh gym than a regular towel. ANYWAY, i don't have to worry about a menu since we will be going to my folks house for dinner. inlaws will be out of town so we'll go to my folks house late afternoon.