Let's get ready for Christmas
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile Let's get ready for Christmas

I think the ticker tapes are saying only 65 days until Christmas.

How far along are you in your Christmas planning?

As of today I don't have a thing done. I think I'd better start getting ready. I also have to get some Christmas ornaments painted both for sale and the ornament exchange here.

Where are you?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Funny you should ask Cj.... I actually have been thinking about Christmas, does that count? I bought a gift off of ebay last evening for ddil. I saved $50.50 over the price of the one I bought *on sale* for dd. Shipping included. I'm thrilled. Now I have about 5 more gifts to go. I'm not making much Christmas if any, but am doing my level best to save every cent I can on the gifts I'm going to buy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I haven't even started. We are fortunate and Gabe received a bonus gc for his efforts during hurricane Katrina at his job and that is paying for Christmas gifts for the kids. He was on call during the hurricane and worked so hard. I'm so happy they rewarded him for it.

This will most definitely help defray the cost of utilities.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sara that is wonderful news. You have every right to be proud of your man.

Lisa, were not having a huge Christmas either, however my gifts are all homemade so I really need to get started.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a few candles that I need to pour, but I've already got the supplies, and all of my other shopping is done. I feel really relaxed knowing I'm so far ahead. Now to get on to wrapping . . . grrr I don't really enjoy that part.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We spend a specific $ amount for each of us on gifts and a specific $ amount for our stockings. (A low amount on each)

I'm over halfway finished with both dh and ds. I got some of the Green & Black's large size organic chocolate bars on sale bogof at the health food store and have them stashed away in the freezer for our stockings.

Dh hasn't even started shopping because I haven't given him a list! I can't think of anything I want though. Maybe now would be a good time to get away from all the plastics in the kitchen and change over to glass. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WTG Gabe!....I have some Best Buy bonusdollar coupons, that will buy some Playstation games for Joseph...Kieran is easy since he is a newborn...I will be getting Jen and Brendan a membership to Costco and some other gift cards, same for Sara and David...Tim? I don't know.....My sisters will be getting something homemade

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a few small gifts for my Mom and nothing for dh yet.

Nieces and nephews will get gift cards which I am ordering a few today.

That is all I have got done so far.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm surprised by how organised i am LOL.

I have all Ciaras gifts and Jamies Gifts. I have most of the rest of the family covered too. I made a big gift Basket up for my 2 SIL and my mum with toiletries that I purchased with my Avon commision, homemade scented candles, homemade notebooks, when I showed DH he thought I had bought them so I guess they look okay!

I have all my christmas cards made and am in the process of making some more cards and notebooks for friends, one friend is making me a christmas pudding in exchange and another is making me a cake.

I save with the local shop in a grocery club so all of our christmas food is paid for.

I have plenty of wrapping paper, some I printed and some that I bought on sale last January

I think after trying for a few years to buy everything in the last couple of months leading up to christmas I have started to buy gifts throughout the year if I see something that will suit a certain person

sorry, this got long!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I travel a lot for my job and have to go through the local airport at least once a week. They have a lot of neat little shoppes such as Victoria's Secret, Godiva Chocolates, a sock shoppe and a $10 store. Each week I allot $25 to my Christmas shopping and have picked up some neat gifts. By the time Christmas arrives I should have all of my shopping done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have gifts for my Mom, Sister, BIL and some for DH, and both DDs. My 2 nephews will get gift cards. Oh, and I have the gift for my niece as well. The girls haven't decided on their Santa wish list yet (they can only ask for 2 things - Jesus got 2 gifts, so do they). Once I nail them down, I will put those on layaway at Walmart.

I have 4 baby dolls to crochet clothes for - 2 will make baby angels for my Mom and Sister. The others will be babies with a wardrobe for the girls.

I also have a sweater pattern for DH, but I am not sure I can get that done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have not even started yet. I guess I had better get busy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have one more gift to get for the girls and their stocking stuffers, and then I am done with them.

I only need to buy one more gift, and that's for my almost 14 yr old nephew.

Other than that, I have a TON of gifts to make, and I had better get started if I am going to finish on time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a few gifts bought. Still throwing ideas around in my mind and that seems 1/2 the battle for me. My mil is always a problem. Dd's are getting older and they not so easy any more. Clothes for them is impossible and who wants to wake up to a bunch of gift cards? Mil gives them money for the after Christmas sales and I like them to have gifts to unwrap. I am buying them ipods but I will buy them closer to Christmas in case something is wrong with them they can return them to the store for another. Adult in law gifts are not so personal so a generic a gift will do. Sad but true. Nephews on that side always get money from me so that is easy. We draw names for my family and we don't know who we will draw until after dd's birthday on 11/11. I love to buy for my family we are close so it's easy to do so.
    I am making up goodie bags or small baskets with my 11 year old neice. That will be fun for both of us. These will be given to all the families at my Christmas eve party along with inlaws. I am not sure what will end up in the bags but we have decided to make angel pins for all the ladies. My neice will give them to her teachers and her bus driver. Gift certificates for a couple of little boys I buy for. Dd's will help me pick out things for both their boyfriends. I will buy an outfit, veggie tales dvd, a couple of books for my great grand neice who will turn 2 in January. She is our only baby now and I am trying hard not to turn into Santa for her. A couple of adults to buy for and I am not sure as to what it will be. Dh is always a breeze we just fill eachothers stockings. And this sounds awful but we will pick our own gift while shopping for others. Something small. The stockings are the surpise for us and we just love them.
    I shop for dd's stockings as I go along, looking for strange and fun things to put into them.

Christmas cards still need to be bought, dd#1 always helps me with them.

I need new lights for the outdoors and will be taking a trip to the Christmas tree shops after Halloween and before Thanksgiving.

I attend a couple of parties that I need grab bags for with 5 and 10 dollar limits. A challenge for anyone.

That leaves the parties. I host two of them, a cookie swap and Chrismas eve. I also host a candy making party with my dd's and their friends. I contribute to 2 Christmas dinners and a open house with another family that we always go to.
    That's a lot of food! I have started to buy sugar, chocolate chips, peanutbutter, vanilla ect. for the cookies and candies.

So far the only things I have bought are for my dd's.
    dd#1 a sterling silver/ pink crystal necklace
    Tim Mc Graw calander
    a set of 3 stud earings
    and a burts bees gift pack

dd#2 2 sterling silver bracelets
    one of those wierd cat calanders
    and the burts bees gift pack for her too

Dd#1 likes country and dd#2 has a great sense of humor. I know it seems like an odd gift but they will like them.

I am going tonight to get them some scrapbooking supplies.

So I will be shopping every week until Christmas eve no matter how much I plan ahead. And I will be checking the posts here for new ideas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm about 1/2 done. . . . I purposely leave some til last, as I'm not always sure what the kids want.

I have my gifts for my co-workers all planned, but since they are food gifts, I'll wait til closer to fix it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast