Tell us about Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and where you spend it
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Tell us about Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and where you spend it

I'll be at home today with Gripey and our 2 dear daughters. They are already here and we've done some cooking and now Gripey is helping dd#1 do a little something to her new car. Dd#2 is having a nap as she worked late last nite. We're going to cook chicken out on the grill tonight. Tomorrow my dparents will join us and there will be only 6 of us for Christmas dinner here. Ds and ddil will be here on the 27th for 5 days. It's going to be a very nice holiday at our house.

*edited to add*
    We'll be having a turkey breast, mashed potatoes and gravy, salad, red beans, dressing with iced tea for dinner. For dessert we'll be having pumpkin pies and whipped cream and/ or cherry cheese cake and Christmas cookies for Christmas dinner at about 1:00 p.m. . Afterwards we'll sit around and rub our full tummies and talk about how much we ate...

What are you doing and how many will be joining you?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tonight we are having pizza that was leftover for DD's slumber party a couple of weeks ago. Tomorrow morning at 8 some of the family arrives to open presents. After that some will leave and more will come for dinner at around noonish. After everyone leaves we will sit around and be thankful.

Kellie

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We will have a bowl of soup tonight before we leave for 7 p. services at Unity Church. When we get home we will have snacks and watch the Christmas programs on TV. Tomorrow we will go for a walk and take our annual gift to the animals.

Dinner will be roast beef cooked with wine, baby carrots, mushrooms and pearl onions, homemade cranberry sauce, mashed sweet potatoes, holiday salad with dried cranberries and pine nuts and trifle for dessert. We always have way to much food. If someone is left around here by themselves we will invite them to join us, but we've tried to invite people in the past and usually everyone has someplace to go.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

sil is supposed to come over tonight and open presents with the kids. dh has to drive her to work at 6am tomorrow( she works at a nursing home) so she is spending the night. we had a big lunch today so i'm not making the ham i was planning to. tomorrow after opening presents here, we'll go to my mom's to open presents and for lunch.

a friend of mine had a baby on the 14th. i may stop in and see them if i'm feeling ok, i don't want to get either of them sick so if i'm feeling icky, i'll just call and talk to them for a bit.

not sure what my mom is making for dinner other than ham and mashed potatoes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

today I finished my shopping for Joe and Paige. We grilled salmon, steamed crab legs and had pasta with it for dinner along with strawberry cheesecake. Tonight we will watch movies and clean house. Tomorrow I am going to fix us some muffins for breakfast and to have thru out the day to munch on. We have buffalo wing sauce marinated chicken breast that we will have for lunch. Mom is coming tomorrow afternoon late and bringing country style steak for us to cook for supper.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We had Steve's family over for Christmas dinner today and open presents. I am SO pooped from all the cooking the past 2 days!!

Tomorrow,we're not planning on going anywhere.The kids will have Santa stuff to play with allday

Steve gave me one of my gifts today. Its a heart shaped Mothers necklace.It has the kids birthstone and their names out beside...very pretty! He normally doesnt think of things like this lol I love it! I guess I'll keep him around

For some reason I have felt very tired the last week or so. Today was almost to much for me Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Christmas eve and dd is working. After she gets off about 8pm she's going to the ex's family so she can do their Christmas thing, then coming home late. Me and dh are just hanging out tonight. He's working on his shop, I'm cooking. Tomorrow morning just our family will open gifts, IF dh doesn't get called in to work (it's his weekend). We will open presents whenever we can tomorrow. Othere than that we are heading to oldest sis's house 30 miles from here with dishes and Dirty Santa gifts. We will eat and exchange gifts. Usually lots of fun and I'm looking forward to it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Christmas Eve, we went to my mom's and had a Christmas dinner. We also opened our gifts with my sister and her 3 daughter's, my mom and step-dad. It was fun!

We have also already had Christmas with my dad and step-mom.

Christmas Day, tomorrow, we will make cinammon rolls and sausage kolaches for breakfast. Then we will open presents. The boys will open everything in their stockings first thing in the morning. After we eat breakfast, we will walk over to my in-laws, next door, and exchange gifts. We will open our family gifts after arriving back from the in-laws. DH is making Christmas dinner. I am doing the side dishes and desserts. He is doing the ham and dressing. Glad he is a great cook!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today we went to breakfast buffet and then Gabe took the kids to the movies and I stayed home and wrapped gifts. Then like a goofball, I needed to go food shopping. It was a mobscene, but I got what I needed. Dinner tonight was pizza, little smokies in bbq sauce, and I bought Gabe jumbo shrimp. We have our big meal tomorrow. We made Christmas cookie cutouts and the kids decorated the cookies for Santa and we put out the cookies, milk, and baby carrots for Santa. We listened to Christmas music and danced around until the kids looked good and tired. lol Then tracked Santa online with the kids before they went to bed.

Tonight, I am organizing the scavenger hunt for the kids tomorrow morning and will be hauling the gifts from upstairs as soon as the coast is clear. lol

Tomorrow, we'll open gifts and have a big breakfast. Dinner will be early and it's pretty much a repeat of Thanksgiving. (Turkey and fixins)

Then I plan on doing absolutely nothing. Well, some cleaning because of the bigger meals and wrapping paper, etc.

Merry Christmas everyone.  

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My family came over (Christmas Eve), we lit a fire in the fireplace and played Christmas music. I ordered a sandwich tray from the deli, made meatballs in my crockpot and had chips and dip. For dessert we had a Bacardi Rum Cake and tea sandwich cookies.

Tomorrow we will go to my sisters for dinner. I understand she will be serving lamb and honey-baked ham. I'm baking a cherry cream cheese pound cake to take with me.

The following day my other sister from out of town will be coming in with her daughter. We will then have Christmas all over again at my house. I will also serve honey-baked ham, chicken and chitterlings. I baked 6 types of cookies that I will be serving. Again we'll light the fireplace and listen to Christmas music.

We have a white, artificial Christmas tree with gold, blue and gray bulbs on it. It is lit with tiny, white lights and gold garland. The perimeter of the tree is lined with with rows of colorful, glossy gift bags with white tissue paper rising from each one. (They're all empty, they're just there for decoration). It really does look pretty.

I bought a gingerbread house that I placed atop my kitchen table. I made this into the dessert table and it is laden with cakes and cookies presented in decorative tins and boxes. It looks like Santa's Bakeshop.

So there you have it, Christmas at my home. It's always enjoyable with good food, good people, warmth and laughter. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas.

Stacey

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default dec 25th

i plan on going to my mom and dad's. my 6yr old nephew and brother will be there also and maybe an aunt & cousin. my nephew opened most of his presents on thursday. since my brother is divorced, he wanted him to have time to play with his presents. he got a motorized scooter which he rode around the block to show me yesterday (it was hilarious--he was having so much fun) he went back to his mom's yesterday afternoon and is supposed to be there today after noon to eat dinner at my parents. the ex sil is most definitely not the person i thought she was-she manages to mess up the holidays every year. but anyways, im looking forward to watching A Christmas Story with my dad. we watch it together every year since it's on 24 hrs on TBS. he always gripes about "do we have to watch this AGAIN?" and then ends up laughing at it. YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT!!!!  and my mom is making macaroni salad (her's is the best) so i'll definitely end up taking some home with me.

and then home to be with my furbabies. im sure to be on the computer and starting to plan next year. i think i am going to print out daily pages that i made up on the computer for the month of january. im also thinking of using cd case(s) instead of a box to do my coupons.. but im still on the fence about that...... i havent found a cd case that i like yet. food for thought.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Christmas Eve is a family dinner at my MIL home. DH family are all there. The menu is always fish with many,many side dishes and a ton of dessert and candy. Everyone eats too much! Then it is off to my sisters for her open house party. Again, lots of family and friends and way too much to eat! This year my DS and DDIL, DD, DSIL and 2 DGD are here at my home also. SO......after we visit the open house, it was time to head home, get the little ones to bed and play Santa Claus.
    On Christmas morning, the babies got up and we opened gifts from Santa. Picked up as much of the paper as possible, kicked a path to the front door and headed back to MIL for Christmas Morning brunch and more gift opening. Headed back home in the mid afternoon to have my holiday dinner and company at my house. By 10 last night, we were all very ready for bed! But it was a great holiday, filled with love and hugs and the joy of grand children.
    Today, everyone is on their way home, cars laden with gifts and left overs, and I am debating weather I should clean up, do some laundry or just take a nap.......I considered the after holiday sales, but the nap is starting to win out!
    Barb
    2015 - Get Fit in 2015 - Physically, Financially, Mentally and Emotionally

January 2015
    Grocery challenge 400.00 goal /0
    Menu planning -31 days goal /0
    Christmas 2015 50 month goal/0
    Swim with Dolphin Fund 100 month goal/00
    Bedroom carpet and redecorate fund 100 month goal/00

Time Goals
    Watch netflix House of Cards but limit total TV viewing to no more than 2 hours per day
    Stitching project - pillow cases
    Attend Yoga class once per week - Jan goal 4 sessions minimum

Health Goals
    Drink water - January goal = 2 8 ounce servings daily for 31 days/
    Sleep - retire no later than 11 in bed as opposed to on chair
    Exercise 3 times per week = Jan goal 12 sessions
    Walk 10K steps per week = 3 times per week= Jan goal 12 sessions

Mental Goals
    Learn to perform one task on Smartphone or use one new application on phone
    Focus on learning product functionality at work

Every little tiny bit helps to get rid of that debt

Success is not determined by how smart we are, It is determined by the decisions we make

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Christmas eve we drove 4hrs south to dh's family. Ate too much, drove home in time to do the Santa thing. Christmas morning was spent at home with just dh, myself, & the kids. Christmas afternoon/evening we went to my parents for yet another feast. No wonder people gain weight at the holidays

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We spent Christmas eve at home, our 2 youngest sons came for dinner. We had a nice time.

On Christmas day DH and I went to 8:00am mass. Our 2 youngest came for breakfast (I think they miss my cooking ) the are 23 and 25 yrs old. I made homemade waffels and bacon and sasuage. All 3 boys and my DIL and Grandaugher came for dinner. My Grandaughter is 19 months old, she was so much fun. She really got into opening presents this year.