Ingredients:
1 box red velvet cake mix
1 16oz can of cream cheese frosting or home made
1 pkg chocolate bark (white or dark)
Wax Paper​
Serves:
40-50 balls​
Directions:
1. After the cake has cooled, crumble into a large bowl.

2. Mix throughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (It may be easier to use your fingers to mix together, but be warned it can get messy)

3.Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (You can even get more if you use a mini ice cream scooper)

4. Chill for several hours. (you can speed this up by placing in the freezer)

5. Melt chocolate in microwave or double boiler according to directions on package.

6. Roll ball in the chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off.)

I also only melt a few pieces of chocolate at a time because it starts to cool and thicken. It's easier to work with when it's hot.

You can also use lollipop stick to dip, and then leave the stick and have cake lollipops.​

See less See more
#2 ·
These are soooo good. My future dil and I have made these before. We made the oreo ones with the cream cheese. YUmmy!

I tried to make the one for thankgiving that looked like turkeys that was a lot of work. There are so many cute ideas for these.

should make some more soon.

#9 ·
Great idea! thanks...

#16 ·
They sell these at Starbuck's now. I think they call them cake pops.

Btw, does anyone else kidn of chuckle to themselves when they see the name of these things, or is it just me? :eek:

#19 ·
These look yummy!! Will add them to my Christmas baking list. Thanks! :)

#21 ·
I made the oreo ones again for my ds's wedding reception in the colors of the wedding they went so fast it was incredible. And again for a Thanksgiving buffet my dh had at work today. These I decorated with orange and black sprinkles, some had just orange edible glitter, and some were black with white candy type balls on top. They looked really cute. There are hundreds of ways to decorate them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.