I get a lot of hits on my blog for this recipe, so I thought that I would post it here as well in case any FV'ers are GF and in need of a cookie

Chewy Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

Makes 3+ dozen

Ingredients

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine (softened)
2 tbsp Earth Balance Shortening (or 1/4 cup regular shortening) - I usually skimp a little on the regular shortening and the cookies still work just fine.
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour Blend (I used Bulk Barn's, but Bob's RedMill or Pamela's would work too)
1/2 +1/8 tsp guar gum
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
1/2 tsp baking soda
4-6 oz chocolate chips (or a couple of handfuls, if you like)

Directions

Preheat ovento 375F.
In abowl, beat together the sugars, butter,shortening, egg and vanilla until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and mixwell, until combined. Add chocolate chips to suit your fancy. (Note: DO NOT EAT THE RAW COOKIE DOUGH. You will be disappointed - it will taste NASTY. But, once baked, they are delicious and addictive. You have been warned. )

Drop by rounded teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart (they will spread and if the balls are too big or close together you will end up with a baking sheet sized cookie). Do not flatten.

Bakefor 8-10 minutes until light brown - stupid caveat here - do not over-bake! I know, Iknow, but it had to be said. Remove from sheet and let cool on rack untilyou have a moment to pour a glass of milk.