Eating Well on $1 a Day - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't have x 2 read it all ...but I've bookmarked it & will read it later... Thanks It's hard 2 believe-porknbeans would upset a stomach so much..looking 4ward 2 finding out the real cause...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I read the first couple of pages. Have to say was pretty impressed. Really has the couponing down. If only I could eat more rice. Maybe this week I will make a batch up and freeze it in portions.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks will book mark and read when I have more time. Shoji, your commet about rice is what hooked me to bookmark it. We use a bit of rice so I'm interested in seeing how he uses it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I too love to read what people get for free or almost free. However, not everyone has all those stores. Like my town. We have no CVS, Rite Aid, or any of the other major drug store chains. All we have is 2 different grocery stores, Bi-Lo and Ingles, Kmart, Walmart, and we do have a big lots. So it makes it much harder to save major amounts of money. I can drive to all these stores but I have to take gas prices into consideration and also time. Most of the time I just don't do it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Was reading in the archives and ran across this from Amy back in 2011. Reposting the link if anyone cares to read it. Looks really interesting. He writes a good blog site.

https://www.grocerycouponguide.com/a...ll-on-1-a-day/
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not possible here, but an interesting concept.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I took the time to read this entirely last nite…..I use to coupons a lot....I still use them but a lot of things have changed in the 9 years with couponing....prices have increased, coupon policy has changed, and coupons are not as plentiful as they were 9 years ago. And sadly, lots of people misusing coupons and the show Extreme Couponing has brought these changes about.....some good, some not so good....now they limit how many coupons you can use....the expiration dates are now much, much shorter...most you have to use within a 30 day period...there is no more doubling or tripling coupons (that's how I got the carts full of groceries for just a few dollars). I still do coupons for hba and paper products....If something is free or almost free and it's not something I can use, I will buy and donate to the food pantry.

His meals the first month were not something most people would eat....not very appealing.....

I doubt that you could do that in 2019.

You can save money by making food from scratch and forgetting the process foods...if that guy had gotten fresh veggies and some hamburger, he could have made up a big pot of soup and eat healthy and be full for a good many of days instead of making a hamburger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12