Counterfeit coupon ring busted
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Counterfeit coupon ring busted

The news report about this was somewhat different on ABC News just now. The key points I got from it, beyond what's in the following article, were that if you buy coupons on eBay or somewhere, chances are they are fraudulent, and also if someone uses a fake coupon, they can be held liable for it.

I can only imagine how much these scams have cost honest customers. The companies lose millions and they have to make that up with higher prices to consumers, just like shoplifting.

3 Women Arrested in Massive Counterfeit Coupon Ring - ABC News

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OMG............25 MILLION just in the arrest...............gotta catch this on the news tonight.........

I can't even fathom that many coupons........I mean what is the avg. amt---$1---..... a whole lot of coupons!!

I'll just stick to the one or two I get out of my Sunday paper, thank you. My S. paper didn't even have any this week!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I wasn't there,I swear! There was a guy on utube 1 time giving instruction on how to change dates. Clicked off him fast enough. Stealing is stealing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sure some of the scams involved changing the amounts, too, so they're too good to be true. The people they sell them to would pay more for them then, I would think. Wonder how many of those extreme couponers have used counterfeits, either knowingly or not.

The point was made in the on-air interview that only coupons downloaded from the companies' own website should be considered legit.

Who would even think this scam up? I have concluded I'm just not devious enough.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have noticed on ebay some sellers ALWAYS have high value free product coupns for sale by the dozens. Really? Where did you legally get 75 coupons for a free box of burgers or a free big tub of coffee? Always rings warning bells for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    Who would even think this scam up? I have concluded I'm just not devious enough.
    Caught it on the news last night..........pretty impressive amt. of coupons in the house. It said they were mass producing them OUT OF THE COUNTRY and then shipping them in.........talk about adding insult to injury!!! Nothing about who else, and what country, was in on the scam.

I always said, when working at the penitentiary, that the inmates had 24 hours to think up something to do.........I had 8 hours to catch it!! Who do you think would win???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfranny View Post
    Caught it on the news last night..........pretty impressive amt. of coupons in the house. It said they were mass producing them OUT OF THE COUNTRY and then shipping them in.........talk about adding insult to injury!!! Nothing about who else, and what country, was in on the scam.

I always said, when working at the penitentiary, that the inmates had 24 hours to think up something to do.........I had 8 hours to catch it!! Who do you think would win???
    wow, even crime is getting outsourced!!