JC Penney Reintroduces Fake Prices (and Lots of Coupons Too, Of Course)
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default JC Penney Reintroduces Fake Prices (and Lots of Coupons Too, Of Course)

JC Penney Reintroduces Fake Prices (and Lots of Coupons Too, Of Course) | TIME.com

"... because customers seemed to hate the no-coupons, no-discounting “fair and square” pricing that was a core part of the retailer’s dramatic 2012 makeover."
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well,then I will introduce fake shopping. I will think about what i might like to purchase and not go. How about not INSULTING the public J.C.Penney

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our new Shopko started that crap the day they opened the doors. We rarely go there anymore, and we shopped the Pamida they closed to open the Shopko every week. Anything not on sale is so ridiculously priced it's not worth looking at anything. Example: I bought a pair of air-bake cookie sheets on sale for $10, a decent price. The regular price was $40. How dumb do they think we are?

We're getting a Family Dollar in town, the first dollar store here. I'm sure that's going to put a huge dent in Shopko's bottom line.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kohls anyone?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Giro View Post
    Kohls anyone?
    Jc Penney is modeling thier new (older )practice after Kolh's. Kolh's and it's coupons (and fake pricing) thrived when Jc Penney introduced "fair pricing" lower everyday prices. When Jc Penney found out that consumers liked the game of the good deal they returned to the game with Kolh's and others.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Giro-beat me to it. Ds and i were just having that discussion.Like an hr. ago on the deck. We have midwest pricing and when a California store comes in like Mervyns they either adjust a lot or go out. Target was actually the first like that but they adjusted.

SD-Family Dollar is not good IMHO. I think they want a lot for junk. It reminds me of the old Woolworths stores when everything was cheaper at Kresges.
    They do crap like staple the price tags thru the knit tshirts. I read on the internet they target $30,000 and below income families. I got mad because my license number was being printed across the price marquee as she typed it in. Not for public. When I complained the mgr. kinda gave me the shrug,that the way we do it. Hopefully,your experiences will be better.
    Meijers had air bake combo pks. for $19. for the reg. size and 2 small. I passed because I want 4 full size.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Consumers are a funny bunch. The ultimate cost is likely pretty close, but if there's no perceived "deal" or "sale", it feels like the cost is higher. Penney's reduced prices, dropped the coupons, and consumers left in droves. Kohl's, as mentioned, has ridiculously high priced clothes, but then discount the hell out of them to make it seem like you are getting a good deal. Their clothes don't ultimately cost more or less than other similar department stores.

I think the previous CEO had a good idea, since I only look at the cost, not what I saved. Unfortunately, the public at large didn't agree.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Funny thing. I didn't know about what JC Penney had done but I used to shop there a few times when there were sales.
    I went in about 6 months ago and didn't see any sales. None. So I left.

I'm one of those consumers lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

JC Penney and Kohl's both have the ugliest clothes I've ever seen!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey! That's not nice! Lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, we don't have any dollar stores here at all. Family Dollar isn't a favorite and we rarely go to those when we're out of town and could go there. There's a rumor about Dollar General also opening here, but rumors about new businesses fly around all the time, including stories printed in the paper about this or that business, but we've learned not to believe it till the doors actually open.