Couponing mom attacked inside grocery store for holding up the line
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Couponing mom attacked inside grocery store for holding up the line

Couponing mom attacked inside grocery store for holding up the line | fox4kc.com

"MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- On Friday just before midnight Megan Wilson says she was trying to get rid of some coupons before they expired, when she got far more than she bargained for."
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

wow And midnight is not exactly prime time for shoppers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

new info

New video shows ‘couponing’ mom spill drink on Kroger shopper before alleged attack | fox4kc.com

If I went shopping with a folder full of coupons like she had, I would make a point to tell everyone in line behind me, "I am using coupons, this may take awhile" so they could choose to get in another line.
    Make America Kind Again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If I went shopping with a binder of coupons, a large purse with other sale paperwork in it, and having to handle all my grocery items and the coupons etc, I sure wouldn't have a drink in my hand to worry about besides.

Her story has less credibility if she's now claiming all these injuries but didn't go to get medical help and to document her injuries.

In the video it looked like the guy was backing up away from her at one point and that she came back at him after throwing her drink on him. No judgment because we all know videos don't necessarily tell the entire story, but it does seem like maybe there's more there than meets the eye.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Big coupon users should just have the coupons ready to go when stepping into the checkout lane. Groceries are scanned, coupons are handed over in one bunch, coupons are scanned quickly. It's not that hard to prepare a little bit as you're putting things into the cart.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's what I was getting at. Thanks for summing it up. And don't waste time having to deal with a drink besides so you either have to set it somewhere where it might be spilled or else you have to deal with everything with only one available hand.

It's possible there weren't other check-outs open at that time of night. Of course I don't know for sure. But that could explain why someone couldn't move to another check-out line, which would be frustrating for those waiting. Not that anyone should be assaulted over it.

We don't use a lot of coupons but when we do, we pull each one from the bunch as we put the items in our cart, so they're ready to hand to the checker when we go through the line. It would be way too confusing and time-consuming to be sorting through coupons at the check-out. We also have our CC ready to swipe when the order is totaled, so we're not fumbling around looking for a way to pay and acting like it's a surprise we actually are expected to give them money, and holding up the line while we look. When we wrote checks, we always had them filled out as much as possible before the bill was totaled. It doesn't take much thought to be more considerate of other people waiting in line.

We getting to be really big fans of WM's self-checkout option. Usually no lines to wait in, no surly checkers getting annoyed with us for using our own bags, nobody waiting in line behind us, just ourselves and we can take our time, plus they have a person right there watching all the self-check places so if there's an issue, it can be immediately dealt with. We've used those in several stores and the people we've dealt with in each store were always patient and polite.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

yes,I always step to the side,have my cc ready and type in the phone number so I dont search for a card. I used to use the binder before the coupon shows but not now. People are too attracted. I cant imagine a drink near all that paper. Its potential savings.
    I did yell at a guy in Meijers once for bringing his kids over to look through my binder. The kids were acting like circus monkeys before that and he didnt ask. Well he got schooled. 100's of hours of work,money spent on newspapers and $1000's potential. NOT a toy. If they had asked politely I may have shown them. I was actually good at sharing one I didnt need.